H2H Categories

I admit that the intention of this was to show that look, it's really not that hard. At this point I imagine this list will be at least 25 items long.

#fullDisclosureTuesday

Wait until your kids start racing NICA. I've filled out less paperwork for surgery.

Added

+ a second background check was requested. Emailed and asked why I had to do a 2nd 2 days after the first

Summary

1. USAC license for me: $75 ($75)
  2. Club registration: $200 ($275)
  3. Officials license: $50 ($325)
  4. CEU credit requirement
  5. Pass a background check
  6. Pay for background check: $20 ($345)
  7. Need to give my SSN
  8. Sexual Misconduct Training
  9. Mandatory Sexual Reporting Training
  10. Emotional and Physical Misconduct Training
  11. Race Director fee of $150 was waiver by USAC
  12. Additional background check information has been requested so I need to give them more information, but they will not tell me what yet
  13. A second background check was requested. Emailed and asked why I had to do a 2nd 2 days after the first

They found something they didn't like in the first.
Did you visit a communist country? (i know the answer to this)
you are in the tech field.

#spy #fakenews #sayabout #dimsum

Wait until your kids start racing NICA. I've filled out less paperwork for surgery.
It's not that bad... I just finished up all the Level 2 and Level 3 Risk Management stuff as well as the Level 3 test. Only short on some hours at this point. Although, I did find it strange that my background check took several days when others I heard only took hours.... :rolleyes:

seth-rogen-mustache.jpeg

It's not that bad... I just finished up all the Level 2 and Level 3 Risk Management stuff as well as the Level 3 test. Only short on some hours at this point. Although, I did find it strange that my background check took several days when others I heard only took hours.... :rolleyes:

Dan, NICA background checks are completed by a third party provider, then manually applied to your license by national staff, hence the difference in processing time.

Irrelevant and unwarranted.

Paperwork required for students participating in NICA is in-line with other well-organized youth programs who make the safety of your children their #1 priority. The initial registration takes 15 minutes or less, captures contact information, emergency contacts, releases, important medical information and a trail etiquette agreement.

It is pretty amazing to me to read criticism of a system made specifically to protect students.

Dan, NICA background checks are completed by a third party provider, then manually applied to your license by national staff, hence the difference in processing time.
And all this time I thought it was just me..... ;)

i do think that "Certified" coaches and race directors means something.
For those parents/guardians who can't always stay and hang, to know there is a vetting process
could be the difference in participation. Especially true outside the school setting.

I'm fairly sure i'm the creepy old guy (and i'm one of the younger ones) standing out in a field having javelins launched in my direction....
so i'm certifiable. Marking where a javelin lands is an interesting "job"

yesterday was day 1 of the Tuberculosis (or whatever the disease is called) test, they injected some fluid under the skin of my inner forearm.
need to co back in two days to see if it reacted. This is to volunteer at the highschool. Totally worth it.

I am glad that Black Bear does what they believe in. They run awesome races and have dared to bring back fall racing. ....Something that I look forward to and have wanted for some time. It seems that all mountain bike racing has moved to the spring months (including NICA), which in my opinion, are not always the best months for trail conditions. As a trail builder and a racer, I prefer summer and fall for racing. Not everyone races cross, so it is good to spread the mountain bike racing through the months with better weather.

Pixy for Prez

Irrelevant and unwarranted.

Paperwork required for students participating in NICA is in-line with other well-organized youth programs who make the safety of your children their #1 priority. The initial registration takes 15 minutes or less, captures contact information, emergency contacts, releases, important medical information and a trail etiquette agreement.

It is pretty amazing to me to read criticism of a system made specifically to protect students.

Wether in line or not, it's a lot of paperwork. I didn't say it was bad, I said it was a lot of paperwork. I didn't realize you got offended so easily these days.

Wether in line or not, it's a lot of paperwork. I didn't say it was bad, I said it was a lot of paperwork. I didn't realize you got offended so easily these days.

Not offended Jim. Just managing the public perception of NICA. All good.

Back
Top Bottom