snow tire check in thread

Ha they are calling for 3 inches right from late Friday night to early Saturday am, and the lows in the single digits... lots of movies on tap!

3 inches will shut the state down for a couple days, no bullshit. One of my buddies in Raleigh told me people were abandoning cars in the middle of the highway last winter after a couple inches. Sounded like it made for a good slalom course for his RWD Caddy on all seasons.

was about to order ContiCrossContacts from Mavis when I came across BF Goodrich Winter Slalom KSIs for $70 a tire at TR on closeout. Honda Pilot is close to 200K and will need replacing this year, decided to pocket the difference and the BF Goodrich are better than the low tread all seasons I have now. They have a 4.2 rating on 1010 tire, so not terrible, just needs to get me to the slopes and work this winter. Received in 3 days and had them installed yesterday. They rode a little stiff, so will check the tire pressures tonight. The little snow we had yesterday wasn't enough to test for grip. For under $450 installed, hard to beat. There are still some sizes left on TR.
bfg_winslal_ksi_pdpcrop.jpg

3 inches will shut the state down for a couple days, no bullshit. One of my buddies in Raleigh told me people were abandoning cars in the middle of the highway last winter after a couple inches. Sounded like it made for a good slalom course for his RWD Caddy on all seasons.
ya it's no joke, at least they are putting the de-icer crap on the road or whatever it is called, but it will be back into the 50's on Tuesday so it'll be gone really fast

Just put Nokian WRG3 SUVs on my X5 - I do an awful lot of traipsing around upstate NY in the winter, as well as have a need to get to clients rain or shine. My first 600 miles were delightful - got into some snow in Western NY, and had clean roads as well. Not sure why I have never heard of these before but so far so good. Will have to have a second review once I can get into some real snow.

Haven't bought snow tires in years since we've had 4wd vehicles but just got my son michelin Xi3s for his Maxima.

Michelin X-Ice's went back on the Hamstermobile 2 weeks ago. Ready to pass some trucks on the highway all winter!

Dee says F your snow tires.

View attachment 60331
but they are snow rated ( BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 tires meet the industry's severe snow service requirements and are branded with the three-peak mountain/snowflake symbol (3PMSF).
in the tall skinny size 34x10.5x17 they work ok but the supercharger and full time Detroit locker easily out muscle any traction that would be had

but they are snow rated ( BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 tires meet the industry's severe snow service requirements and are branded with the three-peak mountain/snowflake symbol (3PMSF).
in the tall skinny size 34x10.5x17 they work ok but the supercharger and full time Detroit locker easily out muscle any traction that would be had
See above.
Negative comments not allowed here.

Reactions: rlb
Back
Top Bottom