snow tire check in thread

ktmrider

I moved into a community around 9000 ft , all my neighbors run blizzaks some add studs , we have had about 8 snows so far this year , I recently put those tires on my sprinter and the BMW and it made a world of difference especially on off camber roads covered with snow and ice , It was never a thought to purchase them when I lived east but I guess better safe then sorry .

szymon

but they are snow rated ( BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 tires meet the industry's severe snow service requirements and are branded with the three-peak mountain/snowflake symbol (3PMSF).
in the tall skinny size 34x10.5x17 they work ok but the supercharger and full time Detroit locker easily out muscle any traction that would be had

The KO2's are pretty good but not great for snow, once they start to wear down to around 50% they are horrible. I have them on both trucks but if it snows 1000lbs goes in the bed until the roads are snow free.

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The KO2's are pretty good but not great for snow, once they start to wear down to around 50% they are horrible. I have them on both trucks but if it snows 1000lbs goes in the bed until the roads are snow free.

This. And I have the original KO tires as my truck is a 2014. They ain't that great in the rain either. They wear like iron though.

rlb

This. And I have the original KO tires as my truck is a 2014. They ain't that great in the rain either. They wear like iron though.

You have to take those tires off-road to see their full potential.

tumblr_mm04ozhAWz1s2c58yo1_400.gif

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I went to a Michelin/BFG class many years ago at a resort in Vermont driving around in 1999-1992 Land Robers. KM2/KOs are garbage in anything but full out gas throwing mud in a straight line. No lateral support at all and the River would slide sideways on muddy offcambers. I think the M/S2 was the only one that didn’t actually spin crawling up rocks too. Funny stuff.

gtluke

The Moped
All Wheel Drive and ABS don't save you when it's 20deg out and you are on performance tires.
And awd doesn't do dick if you're on the brakes.
First crash I've noticed this year. I'm sure there were more but I can't see the road from my house.
Slid down the embankment, road closed for hours.
G37x
20171215_194414.jpg

rick81721

Lothar
I am in for night shift. Dayshift had 13 motor vehicle accidents from 1pm until 7pm. Including a soccer mom in her SUV sipping Starbucks that couldn't avoid a 1,000,000 lumen light bar.

View attachment 60613

Wow rear-ending a cop car - that's a good one.

I drove 4 miles south on 206 to pick up Chinese food around 5pm and it took me almost 30 minutes. People driving 15 mph with their flashers on in 1" of snow - I gotta get out of here

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's

I drove 4 miles south on 206 to pick up Chinese food around 5pm and it took me almost 30 minutes. People driving 15 mph with their flashers on in 1" of snow - I gotta get out of here

If you took the GT350 I will tow that thing out of your garage tonight.

Dingo

Any one with sense would stay home and make their own... Your just adding to stupidity

Top Bottom