Bands that should get more respect than they do.....

Metallica need to stop and call it a day. If they insist on putting albums out, they need to go into storage and break out the amps and gear that they used for their first 3 albums. Kirk also needs to listen to Kill'em All and accept that that was his best playing, and start practicing again. Out the big 4 bands, they have gone the softest.

Metallica need to stop and call it a day. If they insist on putting albums out, they need to go into storage and break out the amps and gear that they used for their first 3 albums. Kirk also needs to listen to Kill'em All and accept that that was his best playing, and start practicing again. Out the big 4 bands, they have gone the softest.

Kirk is one of my biggest influences as a guitar player. I even have his Signature Model ESP. The leads on the new album however? WTF? It doesn't even sound like he listened to to the tracks before recording his parts. Easily the worst playing he's done an any album. Very sad. And Justice for All is where he peaked.

Yeah, coming up in the early 70's he kept his drama in check and he could write a song...but this is the BRUCE he morphed into. He basically turned into a half-time superbowl act imo.

It happens. I blame MTV. I wasn't always a fan of Bruce and it wasn't until about 10 years ago that I started to listen to his stuff. But I'm a fan of Phish so what would I know about good music.

Kirk is one of my biggest influences as a guitar player. I even have his Signature Model ESP. The leads on the new album however? WTF? It doesn't even sound like he listened to to the tracks before recording his parts. Easily the worst playing he's done an any album. Very sad. And Justice for All is where he peaked.

Kirk was one of my biggest influences back in the early 80's when I first picked up the guitar. Kirk, and later Dime. I learned those first 4 albums backwards and forwards. I used to sweat that ESP with the skull and crossbones really hard. I saw him a couple of times on the last tour, and there were times I didn't know what song he was soloing to, he was that far off. He is one of the few guitarists, along with Page, who has the ability to absolutely slaughter his own solos live. But a least Page was able to balance that with times of absolute inspiration.

Metallica as a band peaked with Justice. No more Flemming Rasmussen, no more good albums after.

Last edited:
tuna1.jpeg

Motorhead was another band I could never get into. Maybe I couldn't get past that hideous mole on Lemmy's face that he never got removed :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom