Bands that should get more respect than they do.....

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
I know music is subjective, but once grown men start discussing the musical contributions of Hall & Oates, we've officially entered the twilight zone.

On the subject of Thin Lizzy, Gary Moore does not get enough due props.

wonderturtle

What about The Beastie Boys?

I wonder if they qualify for this list.

Do a lot of people only associate them with "fight for your right to party"?

Cause albums like Paul's boutique and check your head were somewhat revolutionary... kinda like the rubber soul and sgt peppers of hip hop. The multiple/ mixing of various genres (punk, funk, hip hop, rap) on those albums is really cool.

Or do they get the "due" they deserve?

The Squirrel

What about The Beastie Boys?

I wonder if they qualify for this list.

Do a lot of people only associate them with "fight for your right to party"?

Cause albums like Paul's boutique and check your head were somewhat revolutionary... kinda like the rubber soul and sgt peppers of hip hop. The multiple/ mixing of various genres (punk, funk, hip hop, rap) on those albums is really cool.

Or do they get the "due" they deserve?

The Beastie's are much deeper than their silly anthem would lead you to believe, even though they could have retired from that tune alone. Do they get their due...they have been inducted to the R&R hall of fame. Whether that means anything or not.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hip Hop is over-rated imo. The BBs where entertaining, but there is Broadway and Off-Broadway...hip hop is the later.

I used to think the same, but have come to find that there are many different styles of hip hop. When hip hop artists incorporate real bands and instruments into their act as well as use elements of jazz/soul and other genres, it can be completely different from what you hear in the mainstream. The ability to come up with lyrics on the fly requires years of practice so I've come to appreciate that aspect of it as well. There are not many people who can do this well, other than rappers.

MikeyBikey2000

Ashford and Simpson.. besides their own hits, the wrote Ain't No Mountain High Enough, Ain't Nothin Like the Real Thing and I'm Every Woman, among other motown hits they wrote and produced.

Top Bottom