Bear Mountain Group Ride 1/24/16: Plans

Btw... I am thinking max psi of 50 on my mtb for this ride. Good? Bad? And any negatives of running this psi on ghetto tubeless?

Personally, I would go with the road bike. There's a chance you might blow it off the rim at 50. I think when I blew mine off I was around 60. Make sure you have ear protection and warn your neighbors.

Also, I don't know if you will go noticeably faster on the road at 30psi vs 50psi. Depends on your weight I guess.

I was thinking mtb for possible gravel or off roading on the ride to Bear. But now I am leaning towards driving to the meet up point and I thinking of taking the roadie.

I was thinking mtb for possible gravel or off roading on the ride to Bear. But now I am leaning towards driving to the meet up point and I thinking of taking the roadie.
That's the plan!

Personally, I would go with the road bike. There's a chance you might blow it off the rim at 50. I think when I blew mine off I was around 60. Make sure you have ear protection and warn your neighbors.
Would a fatbike tire blowing cause that shaking?

im coming up to sloatsburg via franklin tpk with 2 buddies, one on roadie other on mtb, ill be on fatso

were meeting up at GWB @ 7ish so well prob pass you guys on 7 lakes when youre coming back

Bump for tomorrow!

I will update this in a bit. Just got word about construction equipment in the planned parking lot. May move parking to Seven Lakes, about a mile or so away.

We will be departing the gravel lot adjacent to Rhodes North Tavern in Sloatsburg, NY at 8am. There's a Dunkin Donuts across from the lot of you need some last minute breakfast or anything, but try to be ready to go so Liong doesn't freeze waiting for us. We'll have a cold start, but it's supposed to warm up to around 50 in the afternoon. Pace will be as fast as the slowest rider, but there are only so many hours in the day so be ready to ride! Come prepared with plenty of nutrition and water as there are no pit stops along the route.

As per @liong71er , a mountain bike is ok. We'll be following him around the foot hills up to the top of Bear Mt.

See you all tomorrow at 8am!

Everyone bring newspapers for @liong71er !

Bump for tomorrow!

We will now be parking at Reeves Meadow Information Center as per a recommendation. There seems to be construction at the original, gravel lot so there are vehicles and pipes blocking most of it. Try to be ready to roll at 8am so Liong doesn't freeze waiting for us. Since it's only about 2 miles from the original starting point, I won't change the time. We'll have a cold start, but it's supposed to warm up to around 50 in the afternoon. Pace will be as fast as the slowest rider, but there are only so many hours in the day so be ready to ride! Come prepared with plenty of nutrition and water as there are no pit stops along the route.

Parking coordinates are: 41.173865, -74.168645
Unfortunately there is no actual address number for the Information Center, which is listed at Seven Lakes Dr, Sloatsburg, NY 10974. When you get onto Seven Lakes Drive, it will be a building on your right about 1.5miles down the road past the residential area.

As per @liong71er , a mountain bike is ok. We'll be following him around the foot hills up to the top of Bear Mt.

See you all tomorrow at 8am!

Just a list of those that may or may not be attending so you get the parking update: @liong71er @C8N @jumpa @oobaa47 @Santapez

Hope you guys are having a good time up there. I had all my shit packed yet got about 3 hours of sleep. I doubt you'd want my sleepy boat anchor. :)

20160131_102018.jpg

Half hours ago....

Back
Top Bottom