Bear Mountain Group Ride 1/24/16: Plans

Climbing from sloatburgh to top of bear approximately 16miles.
Imo...it is not really a tough climb.
It's long and gradual. You won't feel it.
Bring whatever bikes really don't matter.
I done it on SS couple times tho I have to stand up but not that hard I ran 31×17 last few week ago.
On road bike it's so much easier.
On MTB lots of work..

So bring whatever you like.

It will be a chit chat pace no hammer fest pace.
I might riding my 26er mtb rig if that makes you guys feel better!..

Dammit! Cant stop thinking about this. Screw it... I am in if @liong71er and @1sh0t1b33r will let me tag along. But let me warn you guys I am going to take my sorry excuse of a mtb that weighs a ton and I might drop dead mid ride. If so, i kindly request you guys to notify my next of kin.

Damn... I am scared now that I have said it.

Ride update!
We're on for this coming Sunday, January 31st. Wether your are driving or biking to the meet up spot, be at the gravel lot @ 8am.

The coordinates for meet up are: 41.154597, -74.192993 , or search for Rhodes North Tavern in Sloatsburg, NY. Riding up Perkins to the top of Bear Mt. and back. Liong may have other plans after, but it'll probably be an out and back for me. There is a vending machine at the top of Perkins, but who knows if it's working off season. Plan accordingly in hydration, nutrition, and time.

Post up here if you're coming so we know if we're waiting for people!

Last edited:
Probably meet up with @liong71er and ride to Bear. Time and place?

Thinking should meet at hamburg and hinchman. There is a mcdonalds thats open 24hr and can grab a bite if needed.

Last edited:
Ride update!
We're on for this coming Sunday, January 31st. Wether your are driving or biking to the meet up spot, be at the gravel lot @ 8am.

The coordinates for meet up are: 41.154597, -74.192993 , or search for Rhodes North Tavern in Sloatsburg, NY. Riding up Perkins to the top of Bear Mt. and back. Liong may have other plans after, but it'll probably be an out and back for me. There is a vending machine at the top of Perkins, but who knows if it's working off season. Plan accordingly in hydration, nutrition, and time.

Post up here if you're coming so we know if we're waiting for people!

I forgot to tell you this.
All vending machine in SL ands Perkins is CLOSED for the season.

So,. stock up before ride!

Paul,. I see you atHamburg TPk gas station.you know wich one.
Be there at 5am we must made it in sloatburgh before 8am.

You gonna die for sure,bhahahaha...

Last edited:
I forgot to tell you this.
All vending machine in SL ands Perkins is CLOSED for the season.

So,. stock up before ride!

Paul,. I see you atHamburg TPk gas station.you know wich one.
Be there at 5am we must made it in sloatburgh before 8am.

You gonna die for sure,bhahahaha...
Got it... The Quick Chek on hamburg by HM at 5AM.

Now youre really scaring me :(

Just dont leave me behind to die on my own. Would like to have company when i die

From the lot I posted, it looks to be around 40-50 miles round trip. I used Google Maps bike pathing so it could be wrong since some of the roads are closed to cars, but somewhere around there.

Provided you plan to ride 7-Lakes all the way to the circle at Route 6 and then ride the edge of the PIP to regain 7 Lakes by Perkins, then to the top...about 18.5miles 1-way. Have fun. I have been lurking, but it looks like I'll be hiking somewhere with "wifey" on Sunday.

www.ridewithgps.com is a great tool for this. The route planner allows you to have your route follow roads, and then flip-flop over to drawing your own track. They also have many trails shown that you can follow. Shows elevation, cue sheets, etc. Check it out.

was? or is?.... am?

sorry cant respond to your question, new avatar. dont know who you are... STRANGER DANGER!

i was 100% if it was on a monday. im iffy on sunday. but id like to hang. time in the AM works for me.

Figured it was time for a change and the one right b4 this was too political... So decided to go cute instead lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom