Enduro - East Coast Racing

You know you can add a triple clamp on the front of that nomad and you won't miss a beat shredding the parks. I owned one and it's a very versatile bike. Not sure if you had the opportunity on the VPP before but the nastier the terrain the better it handles. Yes very bias as a long time Cruz fanboy.

I had the V10CC and sold it a few months back, two years on that bike.

Did you have the 27.5 nomad?

Been trying to talk @ktmrider out of the enduro purchase for a real all around bike. He is hitting the pivot factory next month so I expect that enduro will be on the block before he can actually shred it.

The pedal fitness you have built combined with your park skills should parlay into very successful Enduro racing. Check out eastcoastenduro.com for some more infoz.

This Enduro thing confuses me. From what I gather it's a bunch of mini DH courses spread throughout each park. What I don't understand is why there is no type of bonus or penalty for getting from stage to stage? There is no advantage for climbers at all. On a course like MC there's no incentive to ride a light or mid-travel bike when you can just walk your DH bike to each stage. That annoys me. Why aren't there more rules to make everything equal across the board?

Examples of rules I think the sport should have:
  • All bikes must have a maximum amount of travel (165mm?) and weigh under 32.5 lbs?
  • Seconds can be deducted from your overall time by getting from the bottom of one stage to the top of the next. Something like 60 seconds if you make it in under 15 minutes, 30 seconds if you make it in 16-19 minutes and 15 seconds deducted from your overall time if you make it in 20-25 minutes.
  • All stages must have between 15-30% uphill terrain to be eligible as an enduro course.
Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Sounds like you are reading the Base in Your Face thread too much.

The discipline is relatively new and each venue or region has it's own flavor. With rules like that, the promoters won't both to host and the racers won't bother to show up. The theme is "Mini DH runs with some uphill to keep you honest. Spend the day riding. Have fun!"

The discipline is relatively new and each venue or region has it's own flavor. With rules like that, the promoters won't both to host and the racers won't bother to show up. The theme is "Mini DH runs with some uphill to keep you honest. Spend the day riding. Have fun!"

i've offered my services multiple times, no takers yet.... :D

Been trying to talk @ktmrider out of the enduro purchase for a real all around bike. He is hitting the pivot factory next month so I expect that enduro will be on the block before he can actually shred it.
I only have 6 miles on the bike and you're correct I'll probably dump it cheap

Have no idea what you're talking about. If implementing more rules to level the playing field takes away from the fun factor then I'd rather get together with a bunch of friends and do shuttle runs. "Racing" has a different meaning for me.

The whole idea is getting to the stage on your own power. The bike you choose isn't what makes you faster per se. The rules you suggest would kill an enduro race fast.

The whole idea is getting to the stage on your own power. The bike you choose isn't what makes you faster per se. The rules you suggest would kill an enduro race fast.
I know. And to me that's not a challenge. Don't get me wrong. I think enduro racing is cool. It just doesn't appeal to me as a race format. To each their own. I'm an old fart anyway. :D

This Enduro thing confuses me. From what I gather it's a bunch of mini DH courses spread throughout each park. What I don't understand is why there is no type of bonus or penalty for getting from stage to stage? There is no advantage for climbers at all. On a course like MC there's no incentive to ride a light or mid-travel bike when you can just walk your DH bike to each stage. That annoys me. Why aren't there more rules to make everything equal across the board?
Enduro differs from the DH courses - limited intimidating drops, huge jumps, etc... That's not what enduro racing is about.

I RODE a relatively light XC bike for that MC enduro, I think of myself as a XC racer, and I felt like I was pretty fit at the time. Still, I had to walk some of the transfer sections. I pedaled a lot of the transfers - but I my legs were screaming. So the advantage for climbers is that they are not completely WRECKED after climbing to the next stage, and they have more time to recover before starting the next stage. 'Just walk your bike to the next stage' sounds like your heading to a picnic, but let me assure you, that is not the case. Even JUST walking to the next stage is exhausting, and if you have to PUSH a heavy bike up the hill too - it would destroy your arms.

Emphasizing the climbing back up would turn the race into an absolutely brutal XC race that prob would not appeal to anyone - xc racers wouldn't want to deal with the descending; downhillers wouldn't want to deal with the climbing - so no one would show. I enjoy both descending and climbing and I don't think it would be much fun if the climbs were timed... It's hard to comprehend the amount of climbing involved between stages.

You can ride any bike that you feel comfortable on, and you think will handle the abuse.

I found a pic of my old nomad
image.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom