StravAssholes

OK trying to be quiet here because I love to ride fast too, BUT the other day Pat and I are at Allaire on the fat bikes. We are climbing Switchback and are not together with intentions of regrouping at the top. I see a rider coming down as I am going up. We have enough room to avoid each other so no Prob, I tell him I have 1 rider behind me, he acknowledges and we go on our merry way. Apparently when he gets to Pat he's moving at a good clip with his head down( her description)doesn't see her so she heads for the side of the trail to avoid beng hit.(Pat is neither the most experienced or aggresive rider out there)Rider going down looks up at the last minute, sees her, crashes into her,picks up his bike and is off down the hill again without a word.(again her side of the story, I wasn't there). So to me Thats an ASSHOLE, stravaing or not. We need to bear in mind that all activities have them but in Mountain Biking I think the good guys still out number the bad! When we go on the weekends and ride in the middle of the day I realise that families, inexperienced riders and other users are sharing the trails and its not the time to try and break any speed records.To me common sense and courtesy go a long way.
Ed and Pat
tSRT and sometimes Fatties
Hope she didn't lose her Garmin in crash

Back
Top Bottom