StravAssholes

BiknBen

I think it is sad how much of "The trail simplifier" we see in our parks.

We complain of people with lesser experience dumbing down trails. We have just as many Stravassholes widening trails so they can ride faster with less turning or to avoid obstacles that slow them down. Little trees or debris are removed. We end up with straighter trails wide enough for Hummers.

Experienced riders changing the terrain to achieve faster speed with less skill required = Stravassholes.

Last edited:

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
how the heck does the strava doping work? does it change the contents of the ride file? that's pretty bunk!

i think everyone should ride without strava once in a while if they plug in on every ride.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
how the heck does the strava doping work? does it change the contents of the ride file? that's pretty bunk!

i think everyone should ride without strava once in a while if they plug in on every ride.

yes. it is just a collection of points (in 3d), with time at each sample. just change change-up the timestamps. This can be done where it sees the climbing only,
as to not throw off the rest of the ride speeds.

alex_k

I think it is sad how much of "The trail simplifier" we see on our parks.

We complain of people with lesser experience dumbing down trails. We have just as many Stravassholes widening trails so they can ride faster with less turning or to avoid obstacles that slow them down. Little trees or debris are removed. We end up with straighter trails wide enough for Hummers.

Experinced riders changing the terrain to achieve faster speed with less skill required = Stravassholes.

I don't blame Strava for "The trail simplifier" issue. That works in both ways if you make the trails simpler then everyone rides faster not only you.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
yes. it is just a collection of points (in 3d), with time at each sample. just change change-up the timestamps. This can be done where it sees the climbing only,
as to not throw off the rest of the ride speeds.
supposedly strava made a check to identify if the files have been modified

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
supposedly strava made a check to identify if the files have been modified

It's just data. I'm not sure how they could check that. It may leave some markers in the edited data that flags it though.

The Heckler

You bring new meaning to the term SUCK
I had a near oopsy the other night coming down yellow at LM. Both me and a rider on the uphill had in headphones. I've been yelling coming down the rollers for years now and for some reason didn't.

Had a real dumb panic break with the dude. Stopped for a second, apologized and both laughed it off. Actually saw the guy the next day at Marty's and apologized again.

It wasn't strava, it was straight fun having with a lapse of thinking.

Downhill KOMs are lame. It's all about suffering up the climbs faster then the rest of you Freds ;)

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
i called hiker up with a couple hundred feet between us (there were 5 riders behind me) while doing an LM downhill last week. Plenty of room to stop, but they jumped off the trail
like we were going to pancake them if they didn't. thanked them as we went by (a bit too fast, since they were off the trail) but i'm sure they were not happy....

i broadcast this apology now, as it has been bothering me, and i need to let it go (like a lot of other baggage.)

Mountain Bike Mike

I was going for a KOM today at lunch and had to back off because of a old fisherman holding a bucket and his pole was in a sketchy spot where I would've killed him if I didn't slow down. KOM for another day.

@stb222 - I was going for the Rosedale entrance KOM... Womp Womp

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I was going for a KOM today at lunch and had to back off because of a old fisherman holding a bucket and his pole was in a sketchy spot where I would've killed him if I didn't slow down. KOM for another day.

@stb222 - I was going for the Rosedale entrance KOM... Womp Womp
If you were yelling KOM KOM KOM, it was valid to run his ass over.

Top Bottom