StravAssholes

A Strava question. I've done this little training exercise ride this week two times. About heart rate, Wed. it says 100%, Fri. 58%, for the same 5 mile ride, same bike, same weather, same time of day. Same road, single track, double track. Why the big difference?
Question 2, what average heart rate do most riders have?

it mis-read your heart rate on the first ride. either that or you went all tachycardia on us...

A Strava question. I've done this little training exercise ride this week two times. About heart rate, Wed. it says 100%, Fri. 58%, for the same 5 mile ride, same bike, same weather, same time of day. Same road, single track, double track. Why the big difference?
Question 2, what average heart rate do most riders have?

I know you're older than me so 202 bpm isn't a real number (unless you went into tachycardia - that actually happened to me once). heart rate monitors can be finicky, especially in the beginning of a ride

these numbers don't reflect the avg/max numbers on the summary page.
s/w error then. btw, impressive that you can still hit 175!

these numbers don't reflect the avg/max numbers on the summary page.
s/w error then. btw, impressive that you can still hit 175!
Thanks, I'm new to this heart rate monitor stuff. I got one and have been using it so I can see where I'm at and take my workout back a notch BEFORE I see the sparkly twinkling lights and cough up my lungs.

Thanks, I'm new to this heart rate monitor stuff. I got one and have been using it so I can see where I'm at and take my workout back a notch BEFORE I see the sparkly twinkling lights and cough up my lungs.

Yes that is impressive, I'm 57 and the highest heartrate I've seen (besides tachycardia) was 181. I stopped wearing mine tho because I didn't see any benefit, if anything it was starting to hold me back.

Apparently some people get upset if you take a kom that they held . This past weekend I claimed a couple and within 2 hours of uploading they went out to reclaim the crown, even named the ride taking back my kom . Geez I have plenty of insecurity but loosing a kom is not one of them

Apparently some people get upset if you take a kom that they held . This past weekend I claimed a couple and within 2 hours of uploading they went out to reclaim the crown, even named the ride taking back my kom . Geez I have plenty of insecurity but loosing a kom is not one of them

Ok serious question. If somebody loses a kom, do they get notified that they lost it? Within 2 hours seems like to me they have some kind of notification set up. On a side note, (no longer serious) I wonder if they are the same people that drive lifted trucks to compensate for the lack of something?

Ok serious question. If somebody loses a kom, do they get notified that they lost it? Within 2 hours seems like to me they have some kind of notification set up. On a side note, (no longer serious) I wonder if they are the same people that drive lifted trucks to compensate for the lack of something?

yes - you get an email from the folks at strava.

Back
Top Bottom