Gas powered bikes?

Don't park them, ride them.

This is the best time of the year to ride.

Took the Yellow Pig out today to look for NJ Devil in the Pines.

Attachments

• IMG_0944[1].jpg
    IMG_0944[1].jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0941[1].jpg
    IMG_0941[1].jpg
    340.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0942[1].jpg
    IMG_0942[1].jpg
    336.8 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0945[1].jpg
    IMG_0945[1].jpg
    278.4 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0947[1].jpg
    IMG_0947[1].jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 31
wwov20A.gif

Dam. That must have been tough to get out of that sand.

Just found this thread. Figured I'd post up my bike when it was new. 2015 wr250r. Just mounted a d606 rear and pirelli mt16 front last night. Will be testing it tomorrow.

Dam. That must have been tough to get out of that sand.

Just found this thread. Figured I'd post up my bike when it was new. 2015 wr250r. Just mounted a d606 rear and pirelli mt16 front last night. Will be testing it tomorrow.

I'm thinking this will be my next Dual Sport.

Please post a review of how you like the bike. My only concern is that I will miss the power of a larger bike.

How do you like the wr 250 ? I have a friend that is in the market for one , are you happy with the power ? what is your weight and rider ability ? I cooked my wr 450 last weekend …sucks

This is my first moto. Been riding quads before this. I really love this bike. At this point in my life I don't need to go fast. The bike isn't slow but its obviously going to be slower than something with more cc. They are geared high from the factory for high top speed and fuel economy so adding 3-4 teeth in the back will help with bottom end. If your a MX guy its not the bike for you. If you like trail riding it should be great. There is a huge following for the WRs and there pretty bomb proof.

@olegbabich that is a drz400 right? The're very similar bikes. I have a bunch of friends with drzs. The efi on the WR is nice to have tho.

How do you like the wr 250 ? I have a friend that is in the market for one , are you happy with the power ? what is your weight and rider ability ? I cooked my wr 450 last weekend …sucks
That sucks, was your WR450 road legal in NJ?

This is my first moto. Been riding quads before this. I really love this bike. At this point in my life I don't need to go fast. The bike isn't slow but its obviously going to be slower than something with more cc. They are geared high from the factory for high top speed and fuel economy so adding 3-4 teeth in the back will help with bottom end. If your a MX guy its not the bike for you. If you like trail riding it should be great. There is a huge following for the WRs and there pretty bomb proof.

@olegbabich that is a drz400 right? The're very similar bikes. I have a bunch of friends with drzs. The efi on the WR is nice to have tho.

No that is a DR650, that is why it is so deep in the hole. It is a PIG! That is why I'm thinking of a smaller bike.

No that is a DR650, that is why it is so deep in the hole. It is a PIG! That is why I'm thinking of a smaller bike.
Lol. If u like the Suzuki the 400 might be a perfect bike. What do those 650s weigh? The WR is not light. 295 wet with all fluids. You can drop 10-15lbs by taking some bs off and swapping exhaust. I think the drz400 is about the same.

Lol. If u like the Suzuki the 400 might be a perfect bike. What do those 650s weigh? The WR is not light. 295 wet with all fluids. You can drop 10-15lbs by taking some bs off and swapping exhaust. I think the drz400 is about the same.
I took some weight off, but I think it is still around 355+LBS

Yea. That's pretty heavy. It must be a PITA to keep upright when it gets technical. I rode jdogs ktm350 and that thing is so light it feels like a MTB with a motor.

Yea. That's pretty heavy. It must be a PITA to keep upright when it gets technical. I rode jdogs ktm350 and that thing is so light it feels like a MTB with a motor.

I know mine and my bikes limits. I'm also not a fast off road rider and do not have a racer mind set.
Orange Cool Aid (KTM) is great, but I want a bike that I can ride trails and then some. Want to ride trails in Maine, I just jump on it and ride all the way to Maine, ride couple hundred miles off road and then ride back home.
Bike that I want probably does not exist. Maybe a WR450R, Yamaha should make.
We should all get together and do a MTBNJ motorcycle ride one day.

People have been asking for a wr450r for years. Yamaha is too stupid to make it for whatever reason.

That's a serious adventure to Maine and back. We have a lot of trails local that need to be linked with roads in between.

I'm not a fast rider either at this point. A 250 is more than enough bike in tight twisty single track. I just got out with the new tires and I am so amazed what knobbies can do. The stock tires were so horrible. I can't believe how hard I can lean the bike in the dirt now. Its like a tank. It just pulls through everything.

I have been on a search for mx 125 for the my son either they are beat to shit or way over priced. Not an easy market by any means...

Back
Top Bottom