Yellow Loop - Options?

mattfish11

Rode LM today starting at the Tempe Wick parking lot. I start at the parking lot and go down hill to start, take the yellow all the way down to the pond, cross the street (old route 24?) and do the loop up the hill and around and down back across route 24 and do the same yellow back to the parking lot.

My question is - from the parking lot, there is a yellow trail marker heading in the opposite direction from the parking lot - is this trail connected to the main yellow trail? Is this a loop? I don't see where this connects, just curious if I'm missing something?

Rode LM today starting at the Tempe Wick parking lot. I start at the parking lot and go down hill to start, take the yellow all the way down to the pond, cross the street (old route 24?) and do the loop up the hill and around and down back across route 24 and do the same yellow back to the parking lot.

My question is - from the parking lot, there is a yellow trail marker heading in the opposite direction from the parking lot - is this trail connected to the main yellow trail? Is this a loop? I don't see where this connects, just curious if I'm missing something?

yes you can loop back to the tempe wick lot from the pond area if that's what you mean. follow the gravel road back and jump in the woods back behind the pavilion.

you can take the fireroad up, or follow trails to go the same direction.

At that parking lot there are 2 entrances to the yellow trail, each in opposite directions. If you follow them long enough they both go to Sunrise Lake. You can also do a loop. The color LM map for Maprika is very good and shows all the trails.

I did the yellow loop earlier today... Pretty nice loop in all. Form the Tempe Wick Rd lot I headed down hill first and based on the input here, followed the whole yellow loop and ended back at the parking lot (but at the other end) - which is exactly what I was asking earlier. Fun ride! I was surprised it was only 4.3 miles according to Strava.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions