WTB your inexpensive older mountain bike

EJphotos

Have a backup mountain bike that doesn't get used? Your old 26er that's now out of style and collecting dust?
Looking for one. Or two. Medium or Large frame, 26er ok, halfway decent bike for an inexpensive price (i.e. $200 and below). Doesn't have to be fancy but has to be in good condition quality bike. If it needs minor work, thats ok.
Your older Specialized, Trek, Cannondale, Giant, etc. that were brand new at the turn of the millennium.
Let me know what you got.

Last edited:
I have a custom one off 95 rockhopper sport. Medium frame. Converted to 1 by 10. With period correct hope wheels. Custom carbon handlebars.

Asking $750 or best offer.

I have a custom one off 95 rockhopper sport. Medium frame. Converted to 1 by 10. With period correct hope wheels. Custom carbon handlebars.

Asking $750 or best offer.
Thanks, out of price range though. Edited my original post for price range.

I have this. It's closer to a large than a medium though. Set up SS but can run gears , brand new shimano freewheel, brand new brake cables and housing, brand new grips. Asking $150 but feel free to make an offer.20200719_162540.jpg

Ok we have a ‘98 Giant that probably works ok and doesn’t have a ton of miles on it. But it’s in the dungeon and I just showered an entire weekend of funk off me, so I’m not going to pull it out this second.

But I will tomorrow morning. Stay, as they say in the radio industry, tuned.

I have this. It's closer to a large than a medium though. Set up SS but can run gears , brand new shimano freewheel, brand new brake cables and housing, brand new grips. Asking $150 but feel free to make an offer.View attachment 134755

The guy(s) I'm grabbing this for is (are) around 5'6". I have a feeling this may be a tad too high...what's the standover height?

Ok we have a ‘98 Giant that probably works ok and doesn’t have a ton of miles on it. But it’s in the dungeon and I just showered an entire weekend of funk off me, so I’m not going to pull it out this second.

But I will tomorrow morning. Stay, as they say in the radio industry, tuned.
Will stay tuned!

Nisiki 26, geared OK cond I got it to shift smoothly, everything seems to work, no disc brakes $100, can txt pic

I'll PM you my number

I have this. It's closer to a large than a medium though. Set up SS but can run gears , brand new shimano freewheel, brand new brake cables and housing, brand new grips. Asking $150 but feel free to make an offer.View attachment 134755
You shouldn't have a problem selling that for closer to $200, with current demand. . It's clean, all the parts work, it's not ugly and a durable bike.

A lit of people are doing these bikes over. I have a GT Timberline in Green you can have for free - Dat Triple Triangle life son. It needs something fixed big nothing bank breaking.

Have a Marin Rift Zone XC7 but its a large. I do have two (2) brand new in the box Giant bikes I got from a friends shop when he closed it s few years ago
2004 and 2005 Giant trance full suspension and XCT pro nrs full suspension both size 18". The giants show how their suspension progressed at a fast pace.
Have a 2004 Raleigh hardtail rockshox fork 18" this bike uses the same geometry as John Tomac's carbon bike back in the day.
Also have a brand new GT hardtail size 18" Not giving them away but priced fairly. Package deal for all.
Start your own MTB race team
I'll PM you and call you tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom