WTB Weirwolf review

B737

Thanks for the advice here on the forums to check these tires out. They climb like monsters! Rode allaire yesterday (around 330) for a few hours with the lady and we had a blast. She kept complaining that my tires were throwing rocks and sand at her the whole time she was behind me ;)

I absolutely love them. My old Kendas didnt look so bad but I found myself climbing, especially at hartshorne, only to have the rear wheel spinning out. I thought it was just me not positioning my body correctly. But these new tires just hold on like glue and up they go.

J at brick bikes totally dialed the bike in, its never run this well.

If anyone is looking for new tires for the spring I highly recommend these...

Thats funny I just took my 2.55s off the front because they useless at the site of smallest amount of mud that being said I will return to them after things dry out for they are great at very low psi with tube. Replaced with stout 2.3 up front and like it so far, we are talking 29er of course. Also running the IRD x/c fire pro on the back and really liking this combo for mud.

Thats funny I just took my 2.55s off the front because they useless at the site of smallest amount of mud that being said I will return to them after things dry out for they are great at very low psi with tube. Replaced with stout 2.3 up front and like it so far, we are talking 29er of course. Also running the IRD x/c fire pro on the back and really liking this combo for mud.

Are those the LTs? If so they have the low tread vs. the standard. I had (26) the 2.5 race tires and they were light and had great grip, by far my favorite tire ever...except for the weak sidewalls.:(

Yes LT 2.55 29er and I love them just not when trails are slick, after spring they will be back on. Hands down great front tire for ridged set up with large casing and low psi. I'm 210 lbs and run it at 24 psi. So far the stout has been real good at low psi also and holds like glue.

I'm still diggin my conti mtn kings (29) but want to pick up another set of tires soon. I've heard little about sticking the weirwolf on the back. Does that get a thumbs up too?

Had the Nano out back with same results when it gets slick, fast roller though. Huge fan of the Panracer xc fire pro on the 26er and just got one in a 29er out back of course it distributed by IRD with Panracer. I'm very pleased with it as it got a full on knob and really holds well, also weight is good.

Wolf's

I've been running the Weirwolf LT's for about a year now. I had the "regular" WW before as well. Their both great. I run the rear with the treads reversed, really get to dig in. I absolutely love the fronts. I've also had the Prowler's which is an excellent WTB tire but a little heavy. For drypack the LT's are sick.

Back
Top Bottom