WTB Rear Wheel for Trainer Use

avc8130

I'm looking for a cheap 700C rear wheel to use on my trainer. The limiting factor will be a somewhat unique hub requirement. My bike is thru-axle (not terribly rare these days), but the driver is XD (doh!).

EDIT: I don't know what I was thinking, but of course I can use a standard Shimano driver now that 11-42 11 speed cassettes are a thing! So basically, anyone got a 700c thru axle wheel lying around???

Anyone have something reasonable lying around?

Last edited:
I have no idea if it works with what you need and you will probably need a thru axle converter anyway but I have an old Mavic Cosmic Elite you can have for free if you want it, takes 10 or 11 speed shimano hub .

There are a few cracks in it where the spokes are but I think for the trainer it would be fine. <Booming Voice> - Dont ride it on the road <echo echo >.

If youre interested I can send you a few pics just PM me.

I have no idea if it works with what you need and you will probably need a thru axle converter anyway but I have an old Mavic Cosmic Elite you can have for free if you want it, takes 10 or 11 speed shimano hub .

There are a few cracks in it where the spokes are but I think for the trainer it would be fine. <Booming Voice> - Dont ride it on the road <echo echo >.

If youre interested I can send you a few pics just PM me.

Can that hub be converted to thru axle?

Back
Top Bottom