WTB 24” kids mountain bike

tbone

Hi,

Looking to get my 9yr old boy his first mountain bike, 24”. Nothing crazy....just something to get him out on the trails with, want to make sure he likes it first.

Thanks

Probably should start my own thread but my neighbor reached out to me yesterday and he has been trying to find a bike for a while now his kid 8 on Saturday and bikes are selling faster then he can send email out from work... He's looking for a 24" mtb his kids has only had Walmart bikes up to this point and he would like to get him onto something like a trek, Specialized cannondale etc...
Thanks
@Patrick feel free to move this to a new thread if more appropriate. looks like tbone found one

Probably should start my own thread but my neighbor reached out to me yesterday and he has been trying to find a bike for a while now his kid 8 on Saturday and bikes are selling faster then he can send email out from work... He's looking for a 24" mtb his kids has only had Walmart bikes up to this point and he would like to get him onto something like a trek, Specialized cannondale etc...
Thanks
@Patrick feel free to move this to a new thread if more appropriate. looks like tbone found one

up to you.

We have a single Specialized Hotrock24 in stock. It was put aside for a customer and forgotten about. I hid it in the basement.

We have a single Specialized Hotrock24 in stock. It was put aside for a customer and forgotten about. I hid it in the basement.
someone I know is going to call your Summit store this am to inquire into this bike. just fyi.

I have something but it would be a little bit of a project. It's a 2016 Trek precal (same color and specs as the one I listed last week.) My son "misjudged" the strength of a tree at Allaire so the fork is gone. The frame looks good with no cracks that I can see. He really wasn't going that fast but it was fast enough to take out the fork. My original plan before moving all three boys to 27.5 bikes was to put on a 26" SID fork. The fork is not assembled and needs new seals, wipers and is missing a top out bumper and screw at the rebound. I have the original wheels but you would need to put a disc compatible wheel on or figure out how to lower the brake mounts to use the rim brakes.

Tom

My son seems to have lost interest in mountain biking. He's much more into computer games now. I'm considering putting his 24" mountain bike for sale but I hate for him to be without a bike even just for riding around the neighborhood. I'll have to have a talk with him about the bike when he tears himself away from that computer. I think we have a computer geek in the making.

My son seems to have lost interest in mountain biking. He's much more into computer games now. I'm considering putting his 24" mountain bike for sale but I hate for him to be without a bike even just for riding around the neighborhood. I'll have to have a talk with him about the bike when he tears himself away from that computer. I think we have a computer geek in the making.

Computer geeks like bikes!
;)

He's probably playing with friends ??

Computer geeks like bikes!
;)

He's probably playing with friends ??
Yes, he is playing with friends... and my wife. She joins him in his games sometimes just to monitor him. I laughed my ass off one time when my son "killed" off my wife in the game just to get rid of her. He's a much better player than she is.

I have to say my son rides NICA and loves to ride..However if he is not riding he is on the computer and it almost takes away from the riding at times...

Back
Top Bottom