Would conditions be ok to ride saturday morning?

10/15

Not from up there figured i'd ask before making the haul up there.

Don't listen to him! It is too early to tell right now. Still raining on and off here but might clear up and not sure what tonight will bring. I would wait till later and see what people post up as the day goes on. I might hit it up for a early ride myself if weather breaks..

I was actually coming on to say trails were in great shape, but about an hour after my ride started to rain. For the last hour its been raining really hard non stop. So i would think conditions for sat won't be very good until atleast later in the day.

I was actually coming on to say trails were in great shape, but about an hour after my ride started to rain. For the last hour its been raining really hard non stop. So i would think conditions for sat won't be very good until atleast later in the day.

This is what i'm concerned with, rather not make the 2 hour ride up there to find out i cant ride.

Might be possible - tomorrow is promising high winds (+40 mph), so things might dry out quickly. (I'm counting on that here in PA! :))

as it seems to be coming down in buckets in oceanport I would say very late in the afternoon but personally I would not ride either allaire or hartshorne until sunday. that being said it's good to have a road bike...

My advice is drink more Beer tonight and take the day off tomorrow. Your legs will be nice and strong for Sunday.

Ok, so Im gonna tread lightly on this one and try to remain as neutral as possible, and hope nobody slashes my tires on Sunday. Now, as far as the soil in Allaire I'd take a guess that its 90% sand, no, 95% sand. I've made a few of my own theories that Allaire gets more erosion during dry periods than it does rainy. I'll go further to say that riding on the sand when its wet helps to pack down loose areas and smooth out the rought stuff. Please correct me if Im wrong, I usually am.

I will agree that tiger cant take the abuse when its wet, nor can the river trails. But if someone can explain how riding leads to the erosion of the other 95% of the park I'd really appreciate it. Also, if I can get some clarification as to the extent of the erosion which is catalyzed by a bicycle when compared to, oh lets say a horse.

Additionally, I'd like to know what kind of damage could be observed if 100 bicycles were to pass on the trail the day after a rain storm. Could one cleary see damage, I dont beleive so. But if the same 100 bike were to pass through 6mile even 2 days after a rain storm the damage would be not only obvious it would be devastating.

So, my chin is out, please pound on it.

So, my chin is out, please pound on it.

BAM! CRACK! POW!

I think the whole point is that there are always going to be people that ride when the trails are wet. If you can limit the numbers of these riders then it is a plus for the park. Without throwing out % numbers on Allaire I think that for the most part it drains well. There are mud spots and thats the concern here. Less riders less wear.. Gotta go ... SMACK!!;)

@FFT....When water sits on a trail it softens the tread, and is more prone to ruts than when dry. Yes, Allaire has higher, dryer trails that one could use when the conditions on other trails are wet...but few will adhere to that.

Another point to note is that some folks will blast through puddles and displace a lot of soil in the process. Others will go around a puddle and cause the tread to widen.

As far as horse travel is concerned.......there are less horse trailers in that lot every year, but more and more folks on bikes.

We've worked these trails for the 13 years to get them where they are now, I don't believe it's asking too much for our users to show the trails a little courtesy.

No chin pounding or tire slashing necessary.:)

no shortage of riders, conditions were primo, just sayin, I will refrain from splashing puddles, and thank you for your 13 years of hard work

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions