Winter Gloves

a.s.

Mr. Chainring

thegock

I have a buddy who rides with these in sub 20 degree days and his hands are always toasty. I don’t ride enough in the cold to justify the price.

$179, doe

carvegybe

I went through a bunch of gloves to find something I can use when temperatures drop below 20F. Today I tested the Outdoor Research Highcamp gloves and for the first time my hands were comfortable. Great gloves. Don't even need the 3-finger version.

johnbryanpeters

I bought pogies a few years ago, but I can't bring myself to try using them on the mountain bike. I'm too afraid of my hands getting stuck in an OTB situation.

Can't go wrong with these for $20:

My new pair just arrived. Thanks @goodvibe for the heads-up, and thanks @stb222 for posting about these back in 2015. I'm still using my original pair, but they are getting pretty beat up and have been overdue for replacing.

View attachment 176077
Sweat magnets.

Rob Munro

A lot of the gloves in this thread look warm but very bulky. Is there a warm glove that still affords a good feel on the bars? Seems the palm and underside could be regular summer thickness as long as the top was thick and windproof. I rode once in snowboarding gloves. The vague feel ruined most of the fun.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
A lot of the gloves in this thread look warm but very bulky. Is there a warm glove that still affords a good feel on the bars? Seems the palm and underside could be regular summer thickness as long as the top was thick and windproof. I rode once in snowboarding gloves. The vague feel ruined most of the fun.
The sleestaks have excellent bar feel

one piece crank

I tried my new pogies yesterday morning, ~22F in the woods. I only wore my summer Fox MX gloves and my hands were super warm. Last half of the ride I unzipped the forward facing vent.

I’m sold.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This works for me. When my hands get cold, I keep riding as long as I can stand it. Then I stop for like 2-3 minutes, best after an uphill climb and you've worked up some sweat. Blow warm air into my hands with my breath. After that, the hands don't really get cold. Kinda works for the toes as well, but my feet don't reach my mouth so I just have to let them rest for a few and hope for the best.

Top Bottom