Wildlife at Ringwood

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Was riding along today with my buddy when this huge hawk swooped down not 20 feet in front of us and snatched a squirrel! I don't know if we spooked the bird or the squirrel just wiggled free but the little critter got away and booked into a hollow tree stump. The hawk flew up onto a branch and looked at us then back at the stump, then back at us before he flew off.

Squirrel 1
Hawk 0

My friend said it best... "Man, that sh!t was straight outta National Geographic!"
:)

Last edited:
Saw a similar episode with a squirrel and a local young cat, only the squirrel in this instance wasn't as fortunate.

And you wonder why they seem so nervous. ;)

Wife and I were on a neighborhood ride once when we saw dhat looked like a little hawk statue on someone's lawn. Then it took off with a squirrel in its talons. It was pretty cool

similiar situation

i had a run in with some wildlife at harthshorne one day. while i was making cornering that first switchback on grandtour, i almost ran into a pack of 4 deer. instead of them running off after seeing me, they stood their ground and waited right in the middle of the trail for a minute or so. and i thought the finger nail on the blackboard sound of my breaks would scare away anything..

Back
Top Bottom