Wilderness 101...who's in?

@terrabike01 Which hotel did you end up booking? I'm considering bailing on camping and getting a room. It's gonna be way too hot to not have air conditioning.

@terrabike01 Which hotel did you end up booking? I'm considering bailing on camping and getting a room. It's gonna be way too hot to not have air conditioning.
WHAT!!!!!!!
Jim you must camp. No joke, anyone who does not camp for this is missing out on something special. The vibe, the chill scene, the preride, the wake up in the fog, rain, cold. You will thank me later.

WHAT!!!!!!!
Jim you must camp. No joke, anyone who does not camp for this is missing out on something special. The vibe, the chill scene, the preride, the wake up in the fog, rain, cold. You will thank me later.

I'm sure this is true, and next year I'll plan on doing it right. To be honest, there's a 50% chance I bail on the race. I've been sick for the past two weeks and am still not totally better. It's gonna be like 100 degrees on Saturday.

I'm sure this is true, and next year I'll plan on doing it right. To be honest, there's a 50% chance I bail on the race. I've been sick for the past two weeks and am still not totally better. It's gonna be like 100 degrees on Saturday.
It's worth the scene even if you do 50 miles. Just sayin. feel better...

WHAT!!!!!!!
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

@JimN The Best Western near the college
You have to be out of your mind camping in 90 degree weather then expect to pedal for 101 miles with a heat index of 105-110

Lol. This race makes a lot of people go crazy. They put the easy shit in the beginning and it’s so fast for like 35 miles and then aid 3 and whammo. Atleast the last 5 miles is “easy”.

I'm just gonna follow the same approach I use everywhere: go super slow and don't blow up, while still trying to make all the time cutoffs.

Here's the important stuff in a human-readable format in case anyone else cares:

5:15 AM -- Coburn Park awakes
6:45 AM-- Racer Meeting begins
7:00 AM-- Controlled / Paced Start
9:00 AM -- Marathon Starts
12:00 PM-- Cannot proceed past Station #2
1:30 PM-- 1st finisher expected
2:30 PM-- Cannot proceed past Station #3
4:30 PM-- Cannot proceed past Station #4
6:30 PM -- Cannot proceed past Station #5 without lights
7:30 PM -- Cannot proceed past Station #5

Station #1: 19 miles in - 81 to go - Water - quick style is to take a bottle and drop a bottle or stop and fill bladder

Station #2: 35 miles in - 65 to go - Hammer Gel - Peanut Butter and Jelly - Water and Sports Drink- Snack foods: -Pringles, trail mix, granola bars, Fig bars, gummy bears, and some fruit. Very possibly some of Evan's magic grillables too!- This is the first Aid Station for Marathon Riders

Station #3: 50 miles in - 51 to go - Cold Coke - Peanut Butter and Jelly - Water and Sports Drink - Snack foods: Swedish Fish, Fig Bars, and some fruit

Station #4: 66 miles in - 35 to go- Hammer Gel – Cold Coke Peanut Butter and Jelly - Water and Sports Drink - Snack foods: trail mix, granola bars, Fig bars, gummy bears, bananas and apples. Very possibly some of Evan's magic grillables too!

Station #5: 88 miles in - 12 to go!!!! - Peanut Butter and Jelly - Water and Gatorade - Snack foods: Fig bars, and some fruit. - Lights on by 6:00 PM - Racer cut-off time will be announced at the start. It will likely be 7:30pm

m just gonna follow the same approach I use everywhere: go super slow and don't blow up,
Jim its a good idea to stay with the flow for the early miles and latch onto groups to pull you through the long road sections so don't go to slow.
It's goes much easier with others
I booked a room at the Super 8, so I guess that means I'm going.
loser

Back
Top Bottom