Wildcat intermediate group ride: Thursdays!

Ashcor

the most popular trail head is from the "bat cave" parking lot on Green Pond Rd at the south end of Wildcat. The section it sounds like you rode was more the extreme north end. From spit rock res parking lot you can head across the road and south on the teal or across the damn, left into the yellow. It's a pretty big place to best to find a knowledgeable rider or join one of the group rides.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Looking forward to joining one of these as the trails are close to us and seem amazing so far from my one ride there, I went in the blue trail north east of the reservior, off charlottesville road, there was a some great single track back in there... where is the best place to find the other trailheads? I want to make sure I am riding the right areas and not causing issues

That blue trail that follows the shoreline from Splitrock Rd to Charlottesburg Rd is really nice, although it got a bit messed up due to some fallen trees on the far end.

Marshj

the most popular trail head is from the "bat cave" parking lot on Green Pond Rd at the south end of Wildcat. The section it sounds like you rode was more the extreme north end. From spit rock res parking lot you can head across the road and south on the teal or across the damn, left into the yellow. It's a pretty big place to best to find a knowledgeable rider or join one of the group rides.
Ashcor,

Thanks, it is the very north end I rode. I actually went back a second time and parked in the lot off Charlottesburgh road where the road block closes the road off. ON this singletracks map its the top right loop but it looked at bit different after I actually did it from my Strava..the blue trail was actually great, technical, climbs, fun about 30 minutes so a bit short. There was also a very technical section that was very overgrown that stumbled upon a bit out there as an off shoot off the yellow trail (?) I will post my strava on..it was some of the best cut technical singletrack I have riden in Vt, NY, Nj..

IMG_2412.PNG

Actual ride:

IMG_2455.PNG

Ashcor

Oreland Express is some of the best riding in Wildcat. If you haven't hit that yet you're in for a treat

Ashcor

I managed to get out and give a quick trim to the lower half of Jim's Banana Hammock. It's not a full Brazilian but it's presentable now. got most of the low hanging branches and thorns trimmed back. I'll see if I can get a hold of a landscaper level weed trimmer to finish off the lower field and area just before the creek crossing. If anyone has one they want to throw in the back of @sarcaro 's truck on wed night that would be awesome.

Marshj

Thanks to all the replies, I loved that little off shoot way out on the tail of yellow @JimN looking forward to learning about more.

I managed to get out and give a quick trim to the lower half of Jim's Banana Hammock. It's not a full Brazilian but it's presentable now. got most of the low hanging branches and thorns trimmed back. I'll see if I can get a hold of a landscaper level weed trimmer to finish off the lower field and area just before the creek crossing. If anyone has one they want to throw in the back of @sarcaro 's truck on wed night that would be awesome.

I can get a weedwhipper, is that what you're looking for? Thursdays and Mondays are better for me to be out for some TM, happy to help

Ashcor

I can get a weedwhipper, is that what you're looking for? Thursdays and Mondays are better for me to be out for some TM, happy to help
if it's a landscaper grade gas powered one that would be great. The weeds and thickets down in the field are tough.

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
Damn it, I have to go to Virginia this Thursday. Hate it when work gets in the way of fun. Maybe next week then.

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
Foiled again. The wife has to work tonight so I need to be home to make sure the kid doesn't burn down the house and the dog doesn't piss and crap all over the place. Hopefully I get to ride there one of these days.

Top Bottom