Who likes to smoke their meat?

Lol needed room in the freezer. Turkey was a free one from Thanksgiving 🤣
I have a small one that I need to cook. Any tips? Never smoked one before. I wanna try one for thanksgiving but want to do a trial run before I ruin holiday dinner lol.

I have a small one that I need to cook. Any tips? Never smoked one before. I wanna try one for thanksgiving but want to do a trial run before I ruin holiday dinner lol.
Brine then split like above. Pretty easy to do but use a meat probe so it doesn't get over done

I've smoked one each of the last three thanksgivings. Pretty easy. Too bad it's still turkey at the end of the day. The family is slowly coming to agreement that we should just eat something else instead.

I've smoked one each of the last three thanksgivings. Pretty easy. Too bad it's still turkey at the end of the day. The family is slowly coming to agreement that we should just eat something else instead.
My dad has perfected his fried Turkey rub and it’s the only way anyone will eat it now. Since I have a pellet smoker now I wanna give that a try. We always have a ham as well because, like you said, turkey is still turkey lol

Was froing to add steak to the T-day menu, but at the end of the day all the steak will be gone and we'll be stuck with 3/4 of a turkey. Maybe we should just do a turkey breast for the 2 die-hards who insist that Thanksgiving requires turkey.

My dad has perfected his fried Turkey rub and it’s the only way anyone will eat it now. Since I have a pellet smoker now I wanna give that a try. We always have a ham as well because, like you said, turkey is still turkey lol
Last year I did a maple burbon brine, then smoked to 125* and then deep fried to 165*. I agree with you that turkey is turkey but here was nothing but a pile of bones left after the family was done.

Definitely split it open like I did it cooks fast compared to other meats that way this was a 4 hour smoke. I don't eat the skin even though it cooks great so I pull the skin back and spray some olive oil under it and make sure to get the rub on the actual bird

Was froing to add steak to the T-day menu, but at the end of the day all the steak will be gone and we'll be stuck with 3/4 of a turkey. Maybe we should just do a turkey breast for the 2 die-hards who insist that Thanksgiving requires turkey.
My birthday falls on or around T-Day every year. Add to that I rock a poultry allergy.
And I do the cooking.
Guess who gets a ribeye at the Thanksgiving table?

It’s that time of year….
Smoked corned beefs

IMG_7706.jpeg

IMG_7707.jpeg

IMG_7708.jpeg

IMG_7709.jpeg

IMG_7710.jpeg

IMG_7712.jpeg

Didn’t record my notes from last year, but will this year.
Basic plan is naked smoke until 160* internal (3-4hrs at 225*)
Then into aluminum roasting pans with beef broth, covered until 210* or so (3-4hrs at 250*)

I just did this yesterday, yours looks yummy!
Yeah, I’m mad I didn’t make notes last year, because it was the best I’ve ever made, and I’ve made some good ones.
Should be well within the ballpark though…

Did you braise, or straight smoke?

I say I’m going to do this every year
Dude. Corned beef is still on sale, not too late!

Back
Top Bottom