Where to stay for Killington Bike Park?

iLuveketchup

Any recommendation on where to stay for Killington bike park? I've never been and don't know the area. Looking to go this weekend. Thanks!

DO NOT STAY AT THIS PALCE
Screenshot_20220725-111409_Chrome.jpg
unless you like the smell of cigarettes and sheets with questionable stains on them lol

This might be an odd question... Would I be able to get around Killington and the surrounding area with a regular car? Are the roads paved? I can bring a truck but would rather drive a car to save on gas.

Ive stayed with friends at a few places found on VRBO, generally cheaper then winter rental and then you get a whole house. We even stayed at what turned out to be Aaron Chase's house once.

Hotel and bike pass booked.

I chose a 3day consecutive lift pass and the calendar showed $119 each day. I was like wow! That seems to be a lot per day! Turns out it was $119/3days. Woot! It's on!
How was the trip?
I was up that weekend too. Amazing weather and trail conditions!

How was the trip?
I was up that weekend too. Amazing weather and trail conditions!
I tweaked my left shoulder at the end of day 1. I suck and lost the front wheel on a smooth trail on the way to the K1 gondola. So I only got 1 full day of riding. Killington Bike Park definitely has a lot more smooth and well-kept trails versus Creek. I do prefer the gnar and chunk of Creek more.

I plan to go back during fall foliage to check out the trails in the area, specifically those around Woodstock (Aquaduct & Mt Peg).

VT is beautiful!

I tweaked my left shoulder at the end of day 1. I suck and lost the front wheel on a smooth trail on the way to the K1 gondola. So I only got 1 full day of riding. Killington Bike Park definitely has a lot more smooth and well-kept trails versus Creek. I do prefer the gnar and chunk of Creek more.

I plan to go back during fall foliage to check out the trails in the area, specifically those around Woodstock (Aquaduct & Mt Peg).

VT is beautiful!
Well that sucks. I guess you did pay $119 for a one day lift ticket. :confused: Sorry to hear it. Hope you’ve recovered without issue.

Well that sucks. I guess you did pay $119 for a one day lift ticket. :confused: Sorry to hear it. Hope you’ve recovered without issue.
Thanks! I seem to be ok and getting better each day. It feels like a sore muscle where the traps meet the delts. I should be able to ride by next week. Already getting cabin fever though.

I'm alive and don't need to amputate, so all is well. 🤣

Last edited:

VT is beautiful!
If the Killington trails weren't chunky enough you won't like Aquaduct or Mt Peg. Those are some smooth manicured trails there.
Green Mountain trails are supposed to have good rock gardens but I haven't ridden there.

If the Killington trails weren't chunky enough you won't like Aquaduct or Mt Peg. Those are some smooth manicured trails there.
Green Mountain trails are supposed to have good rock gardens but I haven't ridden there.
Anything that can be ridden on a rigid gravel bike is boring IMO. Mt Peg fits that bill.

Back
Top Bottom