Where to park off Clinton Road?

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
I am looking to go sometime in the coming weeks but I would like to park where I will stay out of trouble, can someone better direct me?

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
No, the end of cherry ridge is ticket free parking. There are pot holes on road but if you go slow it's all good.

Bleeder

JORBA:President
Thanks man are there any risks of tickets like on clinton rd?

Parking lot P1 on Clinton Road is patrolled pretty frequently by park police. They are mainly concerned with partying up at Terrace Pond. But you should be aware of the "open" hours. They will tow vehicles. There's a sign with details.

huffster

I think you are referencing P7 if you are talking about the one near the end of Blue / Yellow trails heading up to Terrace Pond. Its also the one that is near the end of Old Coal trail going into Wawayanda. It is fine to park there. It gets full on weekends in the nice weather.

Parking lot P1 on Clinton Road is patrolled pretty frequently by park police. They are mainly concerned with partying up at Terrace Pond. But you should be aware of the "open" hours. They will tow vehicles. There's a sign with details.

Bleeder

I think you are referencing P7 if you are talking about the one near the end of Blue / Yellow trails heading up to Terrace Pond. Its also the one that is near the end of Old Coal trail going into Wawayanda. It is fine to park there. It gets full on weekends in the nice weather.
You are right 7. Old eyes.

JohnnyWestood

I parked on Cherry Ridge, off Clinton on Friday. On the way, there were No Trespassing signs with Anonucci’s Tree Farm written on them. I plowed ahead, but it made me nervous. There is a little lot at the end with a sign asking hikers and bikers to drive slow. That made me feel at ease.

Has anyone ever been harassed by Antonucci? Or are the signs just warning us to stay out of the woods on the side of the road?

Once the pavement ends, the dirt road is bombed out.

chris12453

You are fine. It's a legit parking lot for the park. Both Pete and I live in close proximity to Cherry Ridge if not on it, and I have never seen anyone up there bothering other riders. I've run into rangers up there when the lot is full and there is never an issue. I will say this, from time to time, it gets really full and I have seen people nose their vehicles into the woods on the the road heading up to the dirt road. That would be in my opinion why the signs are there.

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
@huffster @Bleeder bringing back this thread. Can’t tell from above if Ok (Huffster) or not ok (bleeder) to park at P7. I used to park there years ago until they put up signs, but do see cars there when I drive by on my way to Cherry Ridge. Any updated 411? Thanks

sundaydoug

@huffster @Bleeder bringing back this thread. Can’t tell from above if Ok (Huffster) or not ok (bleeder) to park at P7. I used to park there years ago until they put up signs, but do see cars there when I drive by on my way to Cherry Ridge. Any updated 411? Thanks

You should be fine parking there, just get there early because it fills up quickly in the summer. Especially this summer. The other lots further down Clinton Rd *I believe* are on Newark Watershed property so you'd technically need a permit, but P7 should be OK.

Last edited:

Bleeder

This should be fine to park, but as mentioned the lot fills quick with hikers heading to Terrace Pond. Further south and you're in the Newark Watershed, you'll be ticketed without a pass, available to purchase at the office on Echo Lake Road, hiking only. BTW, the TC is reblazing all the trails around Terrace Pond and installing a floating bridge.

icebiker

JORBA.ORG
Thanks guys. I parked there at about noon. There was a nice ranger there so I asked her the 411. P7 is Wawayanda state park, So OK to park there no permit required. The rest of the lots (yellow signs) are watershed. All the main spots at P7 were taken But she said ok to park along the road as long as not encroaching on the ROW.

icebiker

JORBA.ORG
This should be fine to park, but as mentioned the lot fills quick with hikers heading to Terrace Pond. Further south and you're in the Newark Watershed, you'll be ticketed without a pass, available to purchase at the office on Echo Lake Road, hiking only. BTW, the TC is reblazing all the trails around Terrace Pond and installing a floating bridge.
Thanks. Yep the ranger mentioned that too. Said it should be done by fall.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions