Where to go next

Bernard H

Have the day off tomorrow (Friday). Been hitting up hartshorne, huber, 6mr alot recently. Where to go next? Looking for something more down than up, and within an hour radius of Jersey City. All recommendations are appreciated!

Have you been to allaire? It will probably take you the same time as it takes to get to hartshorne. Might be actually rideable tomorrow compared to the northern trail systems.

to go down, one must first go up. or is it the other way around? Yoda would know.

where you happen to be at the moment, it depends on, he would say.

I will say that every trail has exactly the same amount of down as up. Because it must. Turn around and hit it both ways.

It's hard to go wrong within an hour from JC. too many choices... I personally almost never have a bad ride in Allaire, it's more like 6M than Hartshorne. With mileage for days. However you may get lost.

CR is more like Hartshorne than 6M. Adds in all kinds of rocky goodness that you may like. or hate. You may also get lost.

Last edited:
Does Allaire have any jumps or fun features?
Allaire has a lot of trails and can be confusing, but that's part of the fun. There are jumps, especially on the opposite side of hospital road from the main lot. There's barely any rocks or big elevation but it's really flowy if you pedal.

I used to live in Hoboken, and as long as you get out during non-rush hour times, there's A LOT within an hour radius. The closest (legal) park is probably Chimney Rock or Lewis Morris at about 45 min. Also within the radius you could try Ringwood, High Mountain, Jungle Habitat, Nassau, Sourlands, Dickerson Mine, Wildcat/Splitrock, Tourne. Trail difficulty varies and "more down than up" doesn't exist in elevation but in duration, it will depend on taking the right trail direction. I recommend the Maprika app to navigate new places but there are other ways with Strava, Garmin, Trailforks, JORBA maps, etc. Tomorrow, get out early while ground is frozen though.

Back
Top Bottom