Where is this going ? Commercialization of JH

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
What about a horse stable? Those trails would be great for kids to learn how to ride horses on them.

:rolleyes:

gtluke

The Moped
I just submitted my application to build a rally car practice track. supermoto racing by special request.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
is there are fee to submit proposals?

if only jungle was closer to where the tourne is.......

Bleeder

JORBA:President
is there are fee to submit proposals?

if only jungle was closer to where the tourne is.......
No fee, technically it's not asking for a proposal yet, just information on how you're going to make the state hundreds of millions of dollars at Jungle.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
No fee, technically it's not asking for a proposal yet, just information on how you're going to make the state hundreds of millions of dollars at Jungle.

very interesting - need to enhance local business, not compete too much, bring in licensing fees for vendors - airport is there, but doesn't add much, too small for anything larger than a mustang (citation).

it is still a location nightmare. the lot is huge too. shooting range. drone (illegal in state parks) training, combine the last two...

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So D had a good idea, go-carts. Then she remembered that it has to be non-motorized. So I think a possible answer is sailboat-go-carts.

And prostitution & cocaine.

Next option: Confirm that Jimmy Hoffa is buried in the parking lot and sell of the rights to dig 6x6 foot segments. When did Hoffa disappear btw?

Explosions are always fun.

Honestly it's a parking lot. An old one at that. How are you going to make much money for the state off that? Best case you pay the salary of the ranger you had to hire to patrol it. Worst case you hire a ranger to patrol an empty hunk of pavement.

gtluke

The Moped
It's probably one of the largest non obstructed paved surfaces anywhere. It would be an awesome go cart or car racing lot. But the pavement is crap. Besides the damage the actual surface is junk.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
It's probably one of the largest non obstructed paved surfaces anywhere. It would be an awesome go cart or car racing lot. But the pavement is crap. Besides the damage the actual surface is junk.
The area is a Green Acres site, which means nothing motorized. Go carts /racing is out.
I could see a gun range going in there along with camping/bike park. This will not yield much money to the state but fits the permitted use of the land.

The only places the state makes any serious money is areas with aquatic recreation. Wawayanda, Lake Hopatcong, Sandy Hook...

This whole process could linger for years, the state moves very slowly. It could easily be 5-10 yrs before anything actually occupies that space.

In the mean time we still have a great place to mtb.

xc62701

I doubt anything that elevates the noise level would be approved. There are already so many complaints against the airport from the assisted living community right next door. I mean they moved in knowing the airport was there so... :rolleyes:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions