What nuance of red should have @Pearl paint his 2014 EM SS to get $1500 for it? Let’s debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You already have the Pivot Les SS, why not get a FS geared bike and venture out away from Allaire.
Oh sorry , How's your shoulder doing from that nasty over the bars, at ALLAIRE? How's your knee doing, from that crash on the Parkway side, At ALLAIRE?
Maybe you should just stay North so you don't get hurt anymore from ALLAIRE.

Oh sorry , How's your shoulder doing from that nasty over the bars, at ALLAIRE? How's your knee doing, from that crash on the Parkway side, At ALLAIRE?

little lovers quarrel going on here? i think @pooriggy just misses your company @Mitch, he wants you to get out more and spend more time with him playing in the rocks :*

plus variety is good, riding the same place all the time sounds like it would get boring to me, but WTH do i know, im just a kid compared to you old farts!

tenor.gif

Crash's usually happen when you least expect it, at places you least expect it.

Buy another rigid SS and keep riding Allaire, just working a dropper post in will be enough of a challenge for you. It's ok.

https://www.ebay.com/c/2162552561

this guy was selling the same bike on craiglist for $800, now with shipping comes to $1080...not paying that much for a 'bikepacking rig' (codeword for "you get a stinkin' rack with it or maybe not") with subpar components and a chain stay hidden by electrical tape...damn. Good effort though.

https://www.ebay.com/c/2162552561

this guy was selling the same bike on craiglist for $800, now with shipping comes to $1080...not paying that much for a 'bikepacking rig' (codeword for "you get a stinkin' rack with it or maybe not") with subpar components and a chain stay hidden by electrical tape...damn. Good effort though.
This is exactly what this bike is supposed to look like

I am puzzled, why the need for a bike past its prime? Innovation has moved to a more progressive geometry today for a better riding experience. Do you feel this is it, the best you'll be on a bike so I better try and corner the market before their all sent to the pasture. Are we just a retro grouch and be damn if I'm swinging a leg on anything resembling the present?

Hardtails are on such a great resurgence with so many manufacturers now pushing their limits. Who would of ever thought throwing a 150mm fork on a hardtail and actually making it a extremely functional do all hardtail. They did and they are fun as hell. Maybe you try one instead trying to corral the past. JM2C...

I am puzzled, why the need for a bike past its prime? Innovation has moved to a more progressive geometry today for a better riding experience. Do you feel this is it, the best you'll be on a bike so I better try and corner the market before their all sent to the pasture. Are we just a retro grouch and be damn if I'm swinging a leg on anything resembling the present?

Hardtails are on such a great resurgence with so many manufacturers now pushing their limits. Who would of ever thought throwing a 150mm fork on a hardtail and actually making it a extremely functional do all hardtail. They did and they are fun as hell. Maybe you try one instead trying to corral the past. JM2C...
Meh.

Seriously though, there’s something about those El Mariachi that makes you grin with happiness every time you ride them...@Reggie help me out here...

Seriously though, there’s something about those El Mariachi that makes you grin with happiness every time you ride them...@Reggie help me out here...
Yes, we get that, but enough that you need more than one?

there is nothing special about it other than you have ridden one a lot.

Remind us again how many of those K2/Noleens you got laying around? I'm with Matty, come in to the present. I did, ain't never going back....
6 frames, 1 functional bike.

Is this modern enough for me to be considered 'in to the present' ? They liked it!

DirtShedShowSuperNice.JPG

Or this?

FABB70E1-5A56-410C-8964-757ADA7129E3.jpeg

I just happen to like that specific bike, I want another one.

I'm not sure why anybody is so bothered by this, I never said that a 6 years old El Mariachi is better that those overpriced dentist bike everybody seems to love, and I'm sure they're great. Same for titanium bikes, I wanted one but they're just too expensive for me.

Yes, we get that, but enough that you need more than one?

there is nothing special about it other than you have ridden one a lot.
I don't 'need' one in a literal sense, off course. I'd like to have a second one with a different setup so I don't have to swap wheel, gears etc.

I would never expect you to say I've ridden a bike a lot. I haven't. Not in the sense 'a lot' is used around here about riding anyway.

Wanna buy mine
Not really. But thanks for the offer. How much are you asking for the frameset anyway?

Leo i wasn't ranking just asking. Throwing money at something that's outdated just didn't add up. For example I ordered a new steel canfield nimble 9 for $675, thats for 2021 frame. Wouldn't you at least be curious to throw a leg over?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom