Wheelset

for someone who has new brakes and still has enough now for a new wheelset, i think i can financially meet the price tag :D plus I have help from some bday money

for someone who didn't have enough money for brakes you probably shouldn't buy wheels

Wheels are a tad more important than brakes. If you have no wheels, you don't need brakes.

You could save your money and buy a cheap car. Then you could drive around picking up the free parts you've been offered.

I have to think it's because you're kind of establishing a reputation of asking the board for free/cheap stuff. I would say this is a bit of a "gift horse" situation.

The brakes/breaks mistake is a fair correction.

I'd have to say that 4 out of 5 dentists assume you want them free, or cheap, based on your previous posts.

In this case, add something like:

* "looking to spend $200"
* "thinking to buy new, maybe $500 or so"
* "I'm putting this together for my mother-in-law, spokes optional"
* etc etc

HTH

dt swiss x455 rim laced to dt hub front (qr) I bought used and never used it
same rim for rear and i can lace it to a newer xt hub ( great condition only used 2 months) name a price disk only

Attachments

• IMG_0077.jpg
    IMG_0077.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0078.jpg
    IMG_0078.jpg
    295.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0079.jpg
    IMG_0079.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 14
sorry everyone for the confusion, I got today from my brother and sister a giftcard to jensonusa.com and just ordered myself a set of mavic crossmax wheels. Thank you for the offer bry

If you ever sort out a ride you may have the eggbeaters I offered.

-----------------------follow up post-------------------

No bashing intended, all tongue in cheek

Last edited:
Do you still want those Ergon grips from me, or not?

If you checked your inbox a while ago you would have seen me asking for info on paypal and i could have payed... so not my fault:D

and ben, i put a hold on the ss then to focus on school, once i end the semester this week, i will contact you again.

and I'm guessing you don't need my Avid hydros anymore either :rolleyes: sorry I couldn't resist...

I just wanted to feel like I was part of the group :D

Back
Top Bottom