wheels

How could you not believe after dropping that kind of cash?? While I am sure that they ride nice, my concern comes when you perhaps use a stiffer spoke than the designer ever expects the rim to be paired with.

Steel spokes flex a lot, so when the spokes won't flex the rim either has to flex or crack. I am sure that this isn't a regular issue or you would have heard of it.

When Mavic uses a Aluminum spoke they build a completely different rim profile to work with the stiffer spoke. That is what has got me thinking that the use of a standard rim could get you in trouble with a I9..

...sorry to scare your wife and you too I guess.

j

When did seven and change become expensive in the bike world?:hmmm:

Listen to you, Mr. 2k plus custom titanium frame always encouraging me to spend money every time I'm in the shop guy....:D

J, which Mavic wheels did you show me in when I picked up my Yeti. (The pair with the red hubs and straight pull spokes.) They were sweet.

Wobb - you must have some stable, Yeti, Ventanna, what else are you riding?

I have a Yeti FRO hardtail, Ventana X-5, a Cannondale R700 roadbike and my Haro frankensinglespeed. Its an old Vector steel frame and fork I put together with spare parts.

I need to thin the heard, and I dont really use the Haro that much, I think I'm going to sell it or break it down.

I recently built up a new set of wheels consisting of Hope ProII hubs, Sun Rhino lite rims, and DT nipples and spokes. I love the wheels, they are strong and fairly light, and half the price as a set of KINGS

Back
Top Bottom