What's wrong with this picture??

UnionRider475

They took down the Jungle Habitat entrance that was there since it's exception ! Anyone know why?
Also they seemed to have widened and cleaned it up a bit. Last 5 times I've been there the front gate has been wide open and definitely more quad damage inside.

Attachments

• jjhh.jpg
    jjhh.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 525
  • jhhh.jpg
    jhhh.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 526
  • jungle h and trump jacket 024.jpg
    jungle h and trump jacket 024.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 537
there was an article and short video of them taking it down here someplace.
increase parking, and accessibility?
i guess it is sad from a nostalgic POV. it wasn't really blocking rescue trucks.
probably a first step in making a new identity?

Hate to see the log structure gone, but the gate is pointless anyways. It never stopped anything.

They took down the Jungle Habitat entrance that was there since it's exception ! Anyone know why?
Also they seemed to have widened and cleaned it up a bit. Last 5 times I've been there the front gate has been wide open and definitely more quad damage inside.
They felt it was structuraly unsafe, and they wanted to enlarge the parking area.

I had a conversation with Dave vw about it... Its was terribly rotted and falling apart I was told. Bummer

In the article I read it mentioned that the pieces were going to be saved with the possibility of rebuilding it, but if they were rotted, then the chances may be slim.

So like Utah said the state had to take it down because liability and structural problems, im the coming months they will enlarge the parking area and put in a new gate and reinstall the kiosk.

That's a bummer. I loved the log-structure gates, reminded me of Jurassic Park, or for the 'older' folks - Land of the Lost. Regardless, if it's a safety issue by all means take it down. On the plus side, expanding the parking will make these great trails more inviting, and show the powers that be that we want to keep the trails as they are - great MTB trails!!

That's a bummer. I loved the log-structure gates, reminded me of Jurassic Park, or for the 'older' folks - Land of the Lost. Regardless, if it's a safety issue by all means take it down. On the plus side, expanding the parking will make these great trails more inviting, and show the powers that be that we want to keep the trails as they are - great MTB trails!!

Love a good "Land of the Lost" reference.

They are going to be doing more work at the entrance in the spring. I know I saw some stuff at work with sketches of what might be done if approved.

That's why I can't find my way around there!
Once you figure out how to get from Upper Animal Chute to Warthog, it's pretty easy. There are a couple confusing areas by Fish and Goat, but they eventually lead to the safari road to Lower Chute. I like how the Strava ride profile/map looks like a crouching lion or Sphynx if you ride the whole loop counterclockwise.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions