• Lumpy Bumby/ Allamuchy North

• Tiger Blood/ Mahlon

• Boulderama/ Sourlands

• Four Birds/ Wildcat

• Fugawe/ Wildcat

• Black Magic/ Mahlon

• Yellow trail/ Ramapo

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think you need to phrase this as "hardest trail many people can actually mostly ride." Otherwise, we could throw a whole bunch of hiking trails or even old washed out fall-line ATV trails at you that nobody can climb unless it's as some trials bike project. From that perspective and in "destination" parks...

Mooch North - Candy Ass and Lumpy Bumpy with an honorable mention to Rolly Pollie (do the blind risers first time by yourself for full effect - serious pit in my stomach the first time)
Mahlon - Tigers Blood and Black Magic
Wildcat - Four Birds and many other parts of trails
Sourlands - I don't know the names, but seemingly most of the stuff once you get up top
WayWay - There's that dead end trail with a couple of tricky parts where you really don't want to fall
Skyline to Ringwood - Close to an hour at a moderate pace of unending rockiness, especially if you opt for the yellow trail. No flow, but all doable except for a couple of short hike-a-bike sections. Bonus is once you get into Ringwood, everything seems twice as fast as it really is.

PS - agree with what Utah said. If you've done something a bit and know you can do it, all of a sudden tech becomes more like tech flow. A trail should truly be judged based on the first couple of runs and not following someone who knows the lines.

Not that i would try it myself, but what about going up "new way down"?
I have done it a few times....thats really hard...one time i did it bc I was just in a hurry to get to the hawkwatch and just hopped off when i spun out....another time I did it with the thought of trying to clean every part.....the ladder...i wasnt able to do all in effort...like I had to stop, take a breath, try again.....there was one spot I couldnt get...tried it like 5 times. In the middle-ish where there is that rock armored section/ledge...you come around that with the tree on your right, then go straight up...i couldnt get that part. But overall, ya, that is up there on just plain stupid hard level.....like there is "hard" then there is "this is just stupid"....there is like a fine line there somewhere.
Red up in Ringwood or Pierson’s section at ringwood.
red up is the "easiest" way imo...but ya, still dam hard.

A year or 2 ago Max and I made that mistake, to make matters worse we wound up way off-trail hiking up the side of the mountain. That is when I learned letting Max lead a ride will lead to an adventure, it may suck but it will definitely be an adventure.

Look at us now we know most of the park and we are way better at telling where the trail is lol

Look at us now we know most of the park and we are way better at telling where the trail is lol
We also learned not to go up that trail. We definitely have a couple of sections to learn a little more, but I went through my ride history, and 4 out of every 5 rides has been WC. I would say it is the place I know best now.

We also learned not to go up that trail. We definitely have a couple of sections to learn a little more, but I went through my ride history, and 4 out of every 5 rides has been WC. I would say it is the place I know best now.

I know it as well as Dickerson and Tourne now, want to get that way with mahlon

I disagree. Everything is easily rideable back there and not very technical IMO, especially compared to Ripper and Test of Metal. Oh with the exception being the old log ride skinny.
I dunno man, some of those OG trails from the diablo days are intense. They aren’t on the trail map.

I’m just remembering that I haven’t cleared the Boulder field on four birds. Too many line options and I usually pick a poor one and don’t have the patience to do it over.

I think the first time I rode wildcat I did four birds from orange all the way to the reservoir and back. At night. Alone. I’m not saying it wasn’t fun, but it could have been more fun.

This sounds like a @Patrick math problem and data analysis. Clearly the toughest trail will not have the highest average speed on Strava but will most likely have the top ten riders from the area in the upper group. Look at the nominated parks, look at who has the top ten spots on the trails in those parks and look for the lowest speeds.
Does that sound reasonable?

I dunno man, some of those OG trails from the diablo days are intense. They aren’t on the trail map.
I started riding there in 2009 (wow old) and was always back there. I can’t think of any trails back there that aren’t on the current map. And just as an fyi, I rarely rode the man made trails. Rocks and roots are what I grew up riding so I was always back there.

So other than the trail that shall not be named, what are the hardest, most unrideable trails at Stokes? Do they have names?
Well the end of the Copper Mine trail is pretty insane. And for the rest idr the names. Just all rocks and tight turns. Anything by stony lake really.

Which one? Sounds like a joke, but no really, which one?
If you’re descending from hawkwatch I think you hit it shortly before it meets yellow at the bottom. It’s the big field of rocks. Right afterward you go through a wet section with a downed tree and then there’s that short fun trail.
Anyway, even though it’s pretty flat I still end up taking a bad line and dabbing. Although I don’t ride that section very often.

At Sourlands, i think Chunky Monkey (blue) is harder than Boulderama, just way shorter. Where is 4 birds at Wildcat? Dunno if I've ridden it.

I rode Stokes a real long time ago. I recall thinking, “Who the F puts a rock garden in tall grass?”

It was pretty silly.

This sounds like a @Patrick math problem and data analysis. Clearly the toughest trail will not have the highest average speed on Strava but will most likely have the top ten riders from the area in the upper group. Look at the nominated parks, look at who has the top ten spots on the trails in those parks and look for the lowest speeds.
Does that sound reasonable?

Reason, wisdom and logic in one post....

1590633682505.png

Back
Top Bottom