What have you done to your bike today?

Cleaned frame, removed and replaced (new) all bushings and o-rings on the Ripmo. Fork and shock out for full service. Brake bleed and pad replacement next! It’s great that Ibis provides new bushing and o-ring kits for free !
IMG_4508.jpeg
IMG_4513.jpeg
IMG_4515.jpeg

Since my technical skills are limited i had a friend help me swap out the Shimano cassette for my new sunrace 12speed wide ratio one that’s for my sram gravel bike.

I was expecting it to be less than seamless but once installed it shifts perfect and quiet (at least while it’s in the stand ).

So now the gravel bike has wheels for road mode and I don’t have to ride the road bike with rim brakes anymore when the weather is meh.

and I will also ride it this way for Sourlands Semi classic event next Sunday.

I’ll get the Shimano cassette cleaned up it’s going up for sale shortly.

IMG_4622.jpeg
IMG_4623.jpeg

Going through Elsa for ITI. Pulled, cleaned, and winterized every bearing on the bike. Tension and T9 wheels. Swapped Van Helgas for Dilli5 Studded, which surprisingly weigh the same? Installed the 20/22 dingle setup, 30t Wolftooth Oval Ring, and new XX1 chain that will be AbsoluteBlack prepped. Earlier in the week I also installed Wolf Tooth Singletrack Pogies that fold off the grip all together. Riding SS I really want full access to the bar ends…

View attachment 232759

View attachment 232760

View attachment 232761

View attachment 232762
Question about the Dinglespeed setup. Assuming you need to use tools and re-adjust tension when switching from 1 cog to the other?

Question about the Dinglespeed setup. Assuming you need to use tools and re-adjust tension when switching from 1 cog to the other?

Yes. I have a 20mm cone wrench and 10mm ratchet wrench in the frame bag. I’ve tested it with the tensioners removed and it’s fast but I don’t trust it…

Since my technical skills are limited i had a friend help me swap out the Shimano cassette for my new sunrace 12speed wide ratio one that’s for my sram gravel bike.

I was expecting it to be less than seamless but once installed it shifts perfect and quiet (at least while it’s in the stand ).

So now the gravel bike has wheels for road mode and I don’t have to ride the road bike with rim brakes anymore when the weather is meh.

View attachment 232841View attachment 232842
Please change that mismatched quick link pronto before you get stoned out there...

Had to remove my Fireball holder to access my air pump holder mounted beneath it.
Of coarse the mounting bolts were seized up, I got the lower one out, but the upper one
needed the hacksaw and drill a new whole routine. A new holder was made out of leftover scrap
steel and remounted. A nice little Frankenstein project.

Dsc01396.jpg
Dsc01397.jpg

Don't know if anyone here has experienced this fork, I never have.
It's measurable to reinstall the wheel because the lower forks rotate and go up and down.
The axle is 15mm aluminum and seems delicate. Insert one side through the fork and into the wheel,
then try and line up the axle with the other side fork moving all over the place. Maybe they should have
chamfered the inside hoke so the axle would glide in easily, not so. PIA!
I made a slightly narrower insert that threads into the axle and extends it making it easier to insert.
Anyone have trouble with this. or is it just me?

20240222_101007.jpg

Nope, free floating legs are a PITA to install.

You can use a short length of something ~14mm diameter inserted through the other side to help line stuff up while you install the axle the other way (it will push it out as you finish installing it).

Nope, free floating legs are a PITA to install.

You can use a short length of something ~14mm diameter inserted through the other side to help line stuff up while you install the axle the other way (it will push it out as you finish installing it).
This aluminum piece I made is prefect, it's 11.11mm OD as opposed to the 12mm axle, and I threaded it to screw inside the axle.
Now just that much smaller it goes in the leg much easier as the axle follows it..

View attachment 232841View attachment 232842
Just came back to confirm the sunrace cassette setup performed flawlessly for all 63 miles today at the Sourlands event.

And I still procrastinated on the mismatched master link and rolled the dice and it performed just fine too. It’s higher up on the list now for sure since it doesn’t match.

added a threaded insert to hold my water bottle.
The spot just above is the brake line, just below that is the same opening into the frame, for a dropper cable.
I don't need that hole, so I installed the threaded insert there to hold the bottle cage. Perfect.
View attachment 233536
Why do you need a water bottle, you have a fireball bottle holder or is that for mixing....... LOL

Back
Top Bottom