What have you done to your bike today?

how are you liking it, I've never made any changes to my 140 Pike, though it's a bit lifeless imo, $85 seems like a no brainer
Today was the first ride on it and I'm still having some tuning issues to get through. I have the avalanche oil bath kit which made a big difference when I first got it, but the last few months it's been too stiff over bumps. I need to just go out and do a test and tune day to sort things out

Today was the first ride on it and I'm still having some tuning issues to get through. I have the avalanche oil bath kit which made a big difference when I first got it, but the last few months it's been too stiff over bumps. I need to just go out and do a test and tune day to sort things out
I don't ride suspensions much below freezing, do temps impact the ride of hydro parts?

Idk which way to tilt them
Try around 25 degrees

20181209_220113.jpg

I run around 20 degrees all the time and as extreme as 10 degrees when just gravity shredding

Yes, a slight downward angle is fine but some peeps run the levers almost 90 degrees down. This is hard on the wrists plus gives you terrible leverage if you have your weight off the back of the bike.

Ok, so you're countering levers straight down. I always set a straight line from my bars to about 2-o'clock on my front tire, then set my levers below this line. This way when I ditch the bike the levers (generally) can't come in contact with the ground and don't get toasted.

So this was all throughout the week but I just got to try everything today. So:
Wider (750 or 60?) 35mm clamp bars from @Karate Monkey. I had carbon 720's and the new ones are a bit stiff on the wrists but I like the setup. We shall see.

Dropper post. Chain reaction had their house "Brand X" on sale for $97 with free shipping. Figured I'd try it as external cable setups are not common. So far so good.

Fork! Found a clean Fox Rhythm 150 on pinkbike. It's boost which make things a little goofy. Seller threw in the front hoop which happens to match my rear albeit a little wider. Instantly better ride overall and looks badass so, winning!

View attachment 82385
Heckler?

Ok, so you're countering levers straight down. I always set a straight line from my bars to about 2-o'clock on my front tire, then set my levers below this line. This way when I ditch the bike the levers (generally) can't come in contact with the ground and don't get toasted.

Another "save the levers" tip is to leave them a little loose so maybe they'll slide instead of snapping.

We have a guest female cyclist this week - we'll see if we can do better than the OOS group at not scaring her off.

Back
Top Bottom