What happened to the Yellow Trail

ZBGBs

I was fortunate enough to get out to Round Valley this past weekend, but ran into a few issues. First off when you park at the boat launch lot, you can easily find the white (1/2 mile loop) trail, and the Red Trail. I was not able to find the start of the Yellow Trail. The map shows that the yellow and red combine together after about a 1/4 of the mile in. Well as everyone says about the Red Trail (go up then down, then up then down) after all of that I could not find the Yellow Trail.
After riding all the way to one of the last campsites (sorry Bald Eagles, there was not one sign to say, "STOP" on Red) I turned around, hoping to take the Yellow trail home considering my legs were numb. I reached a split in the trail where you can go left back onto the Red Trail, or take the gravel "Yellow Trail."
This so called Yellow trail took me to and past all of the most recent logging, but eventually ended with no clear distinction of where the trail went. I ended up trekking through the woods to get to the Youth Center, jump back on Red, and pretty much walk my bike the rest of the way.
Where did I go wrong? Where is this supposed Yellow Trail?

kinda sure the yellow is a the campground road. and then it is the another connector a ways up the red (also marked yellow). There was a tree across that connector at the end of last year.

there is a sign that says "campsites" to the left, and red climbs. This would be after the south damn. going counter clockwise.
-----------
At the sign that says the red trail is closed, the yellow climbs straight up the slope through a saddle which goes to the cushetunk lot. white breaks back south along the ridge (not cleared, north side is closed) - red crosses it 25ish yards up the slope.

As an aside, some of the trails off the boat launch are not approved for biking - and that gate on the far side of the dyke will close just before memorial day. nobody will say anything this time of year.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions