What does everyone eat/drink while riding?

I like Accelerade during and Endurox recovery drink post, which you can actually feel nearly instantaneously- plus Gu (although I am starting to like the Power Bar Gels better) and cliff bars for the long long rides

I typically like to have Cliff gel blocks with me and I like to eat my homemade granola bars either before or after I'm done riding. If your interested in the recipe send me a PM.

I just recently started using two products that you may want to look into or try out. So far I really like them a lot and they actually taste good and do not leave you feeling thirsty or like you are drinking a sweet sugary drink like Gatorade.

*On a side note - I'm Pretty sure both companies are looking to sponsor some riders.*

The first one is called - Motor Tabs. They are effervescent sport drink tablets to help with your levels of sodium and potassium. It completely dissolves in water and doesn't leave any residue. Right now they have 4 flavors. Fruit punch, lemon-lime, orange and grape. If you are interested check out there website for more information. http://www.motortabs.com

The second drink is called FLUID - 100% natural muscle recovery drink

(I got this right off their website)

Fluid is specially formulated to help the body recover from physical activity in four different ways:

* 1. Fluid restores muscle energy levels with complex carbohydrates and all natural fruit sugar
* 2. Fluid supplies muscles with ultra pure whey protein isolate and 2500mg of muscle supporting L-Glutamine.
* 3. Fluid prevents aches, pains, and soreness associated with exercise by stopping inflammation before it starts.
* 4. Fluid replenishes the body with electrolytes and provides immune boosting Vitamin C.

More information found right here - http://www.livefluid.com/

Pre-Ride Meal - Outmeal w/ Chunckie Natural Peanut Butter and chopped Bananas

Pre-Ride Snack - Red Bull and Trail Mix (nuts, seeds, and dried fruit)

Ride - Water, Water, and more Water

Post Ride - A Large can of Guinness or Three

I start an hour before with a Whey shake followed by Nitric Oxide, Branch Chain Amino Acid (BCAA) pills and drink plenty of water. I usually bring a Proten bar as well.

When you complete the run, have another Whey shake. If you're calling it a night, try a Casein shake

Ken

Back
Top Bottom