What did you do for fitness today- 2011

TRX is what I have been doing, and what I have been doing, has helped me a lot. Did close to a 20 mile ride first one 2011, and could have gone longer.

Really happy..

45 minutes on the trainer this am... 15 minutes on abs before workout... total body 2x12 each muscle group 45 seconds between sets 1-2, superset sets 2,1 30 minutes moderate cardio on treadmill...

on my way home... damn I'm hungry...

Same here.

Please share your progress, Im contemplating the insanity dvd's.

i've done the P90X program almost in full. i made it to about 65 days doing it every day, but i burnt out on it and started putting in a few rest days. i also dropped a few of the dvds out of the cycle because i just didn't get much out of them, and ended up replacing them with my own climbing training stuff.

i saw results i was happy with. i pretty much only use the yoga and plyometrics dvds now when i can't get outside to get some kind of exercise in.

i found it was really hard to put myself in the kind of hurt that P90X puts you in for that long of a stretch with kids and a job... especially with my old job, which started to ramp up the hours (12 - 14 hour days) toward the end of the program so i had to bail on the every day aspect of the P90X program. plus, if i have the chance to exercise outside, i ended up dropping P90X for the day and went for a ride or to climb, rather than stay inside.

it does not get you in biking shape, but it will work the whole body, and will get you pretty cut. i feel like it got me in real good shape for skiing more than anything and gave me a great core base for mostly anything, but in my case climbing.

Spinnervals Big Gear Strength on the trainer. Beats going to the gym one more time.
Ed and Pat

Rode the tandem at Allaire with Pat on Weds for 2 hrs. Upper trails and across the street are OK with just a few patches of snow/ice. Didn't do Tiger or River as the upper trails were starting to thaw as we got back to the lot so we decided to call it a day. HR zone 2/4.
Ed and Pat

Paddled the kayak for 1.5 hours for a technique workout. The legs needed a rest.:drooling:
Ed

Just spent 6 days mountain biking in Tucson Az. Sunny and in the high 60's most days. Snowed the night before I came home. So I think I have transitioned myself back to NJ a bit.

Pictures up on my blog. Hope to get some words up there in a few days.

http://pixyandabike.blogspot.com/

p90x

I started my 4th. straight week of P90X, this is my recovery week so today's schedule was CORE SYNERGISTICS a little tough but feel really good now. I lost 8lbs. and definitely feel a difference. Next week I will start doing doubles next week some run, swim and bike...

Mike

Now that the snow is gone and bike racing season is around the corner I've put the xc skis away and am back to cycling. I am tele skiing tomorrow at Bellearye but other than that skiing is going to be limited from here on out.

I did a 2hr tempo ride on the road bike today, tempo pace isn't race pace but it ain't daydreaming either...it requires focus. Also I've come to the conclusion that riding in the wind sucks, I'd rather climb hills then battle wind any day. Its difficult to keep a cadence and get into a rhythm when the wind is howling, it feels like your fighting the pedals when facing a headwind.

At the 2 hour mark I was a happy to see 38.33 miles completed at a 19.1 mph avg. pace. I was working it the last 40 minutes of the ride, my endurance is limited at this point.

winning

Today after work I went out on the road bike for a training ride. Yesterday was a rest day so I was ready to put in a good effort today. Spent 2 hrs in tempo pace and mixed in some lactic threshold efforts on long flats where its easy to get into a rhythm.

20.4 mph avg.
40.8 miles

Next week when the clocks change I'll be able to do 3hrs after work. If anyone in the West Freehold area wants to hit the roads around 3:30 let me know. I usually do tempo rides solo but could use company for some treks to Princeton area.

Dam son you gotta clear out your pm's, you maxxed.
We could meet in Cranbury then head to Princeton or 6 mile area.
Your fine with the pace, I push on tempo rides but otherwise I am about 17mph avg. I'll send you a pm next week when clocks change and you clear out pm's:D

yesterday was my first day on NJ dirt in 2011. Took the SS to Allaire 32x18. I did not log my clock, but my guess is 2.5 hours. I felt like crap, but thought it was worth a mention. Us up north have been waiting for quite some time to see dirt. Visiting the south was much appreciated! :)

Back
Top Bottom