What Car Should I Buy?

THATmanMANNY

Didn't think we would have to ask you these questions, but:

How Much? What size? 29er? Boost?
$18k. Power memory seats. Staggered wheels. No wheel spacers. STOCK STOCK STOCK. It has anti theft aka manual. It’s not perfect but no dents or door dings or paint work. No rips or significant leather wear. Usual e46 stuff like worn rubber door seals. Since ownership i’ve got a PPI, vanos inspected, subframe inspected, new head gasket, new oil, new diff fluid, new manual fluid, airbag recall. Also has had rod bearings recall completed early in its life. Bonus, was once owned by drummer of third eye blind if I recall correctly or some other 90s rock band.

Also, thinking of Turo’ing it instead of sale because would love an excuse to keep it. Not sure if it’s good idea though... it has anti theft

@rick81721 nothing to see here, move along

Last edited:

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
$18k. Power memory seats. Staggered wheels. No wheel spacers. STOCK STOCK STOCK. It has anti theft aka manual. It’s not perfect but no dents or door dings or paint work. No rips or significant leather wear. Usual e46 stuff like worn rubber door seals. Since ownership i’ve got a PPI, vanos inspected, subframe inspected, new head gasket, new oil, new diff fluid, new manual fluid, airbag recall. Also has had rod bearings recall completed early in its life. Bonus, was once owned by drummer of third eye blind if I recall correctly or some other 90s rock band.

Also, thinking of Turo’ing it instead of sale because would love an excuse to keep it. Not sure if it’s good idea though... it has anti theft

@rick81721 nothing to see here, move along
But still the question remains, why are you selling, you just bought it?

THATmanMANNY

awh wtf. Turo only accepts cars no more than 12 years old. BOGUS

edit: I just wrote them and see if there is a go around considering I see it as a speciality car to people to have fun. conv 6 speed sports car. We will see.

Last edited:

THATmanMANNY

hey stop shitting on my car!
I haven't experience any cowl shake here. I had to look that up. Sounds like any vert experiences that to some degree. If you are shopping for a vert you are shopping for a vert. Not a track car. Add, a lower mileage M vert saves you big money versus the coupes/sedans. 90 plus percent of a coupe.

Car steers wonderfully and accelerates with raspsss

Last edited:

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
Wow, way to shit on someone's ad...

Ok, my bad, I apologize. All bullshit aside, the E46 (and corresponding M5) are my favorite generation of M car. It’s hard to find one that hasn’t been beat to shit, but that one looks pretty clean. And as far as the cowl shake goes, there are cars out there that are way, way worse.

If it were me, I’d hang on to that car a little longer. Demand for these, and the previous generation, looks to be slowly creeping up.

THATmanMANNY

Apology accepted.
Because it is a 4 seater, It honestly has seen more use in one year than my s2000 has in the past 4 years. Fun for all and useful. Wish I could keep around but space and time are the constraints. Probably the car I should keep because it makes more sense but the s2000 drive is day and night in comparison to the m3 and a little more rare not clapped out.

Top Bottom