What a bunch of scumbags

what a couple of worthless scavengers. that is why I can't and won't take my bike to do local errands or ride to work.

its good the cops cared enough to go after the other guys. wonder how many will actually get there bike back.

Pretty cool story in the end, though. It's nice to see that some resources were finally thrown at an often overlooked issue, and it paid off quickly.

Pretty cool story in the end, though. It's nice to see that some resources were finally thrown at an often overlooked issue, and it paid off quickly.

well said!

write down your serial numbers and keep them somewhere safe! you never know.

well said!

write down your serial numbers and keep them somewhere safe! you never know.

There are more options to day then ever before on how to find your stolen bike...Our local Police Dept actually has a Bike Rodeo for kids which the day includes taking down the childs serial number off the bike and held for records. Nice to see your tax dollars at work ;)

My bike was stolen in New Brunswick about a year ago. It was never recovered but the guy received a few years in prison. Then maybe I'll get a reimbursement check from him.

Good to hear the police are taking this more seriously.

What do these people do with the bikes anyway? Scrap?

What do these people do with the bikes anyway? Scrap?

Nope -- the article said they apparently sell them to scumbags in NYC who buy those stolen bikes for cheap. I'm sure their customers feel it is okay to receive the stolen property because they were stolen from the "rich".

Back
Top Bottom