What’s a race?

Two to 3 soundz good for the race within a race. Two to 3 is a bit small for the entire field. How much was registration fee vs. how much do you win?

I think that has everything to do with what your objective is. Meaning if you are more concerned with what I refer to as the “after race” to qualify your experience ( example: “I finished 3 out of 27) then no. However, if racing heightens your experience of truly being in the moment and in the present then absolutely yes.
That said if there are only 3 people you are almost guaranteed a top 5 finish. ?

did you race against 2 or 3, or looking at pre-reg numbers?

do they give out finisher medals, or participation medals? need to know cause DFL or DNF.....

I would guess there should be a similar number of podiums at all the H2H races, because, um, math.

it gets skewed quickly tho - a race with 20 participants has the same number of spots as 3 participants - and the couple classes that
didn't have enough to fill the podium give up their spots. 20 classes, 3 or fewer deep podiums. new math!

I would guess there should be a similar number of podiums at all the H2H races, because, um, math.
@Dave Taylor rn
giphy.gif

Someone told me 70 of 145 or something podiumed at Mooch?

I think there are 23 classes which means 69 podiums. Not all classes have enough people - I think maybe 5-7 classes have 0-3 people in them. So to answer your question, no, 70/145 is not correct. But 69 people are "supposed to" get a podium at any H2H race. So it could be 69 of 69 or 69 of 500.

A race is anything where winning and DFL are mutually exclusive. So 2-or-more I imagine.

I think there are 23 classes which means 69 podiums. Not all classes have enough people - I think maybe 5-7 classes have 0-3 people in them. So to answer your question, no, 70/145 is not correct. But 69 people are "supposed to" get a podium at any H2H race. So it could be 69 of 69 or 69 of 500.

A race is anything where winning and DFL are mutually exclusive. So 2-or-more I imagine.
Would combining more classes make better racing? Maybe combine cat 1/2 45+. Kinda like you did with the SS class. Are there more ss guys registered now? Just looking for ways to grow racing.

Maybe strava type tracking is to blame . Before apps like strava you had little gauge on how fast you were against competitors other than to race . Now people can go out and think there fast until they realise there hard effort is only good for 200th place.

Back
Top Bottom