welcome dualfisted from Bricktucky

repies to njjess and danspank

NJJESS- There is some stealth mtb'ing on the Geiger/ Camp Devil Dog side of Lejeune, directly off of rt. 17s from Geiger, also, I don't know if they still do it, but they started doing a "torture chamber" type of mtb race on Mainside Lejeune, I didn't ride it, I rarely race, but apparently it was more of a marathon in which you carried your bike. Also, I go back to Wilmington at least once or twice a year, it sure isn't the tiny town it used to be, it certainly would be considered small town by NJ standards, but it's definately grown, tons and tons of strip malls and franchise restaurants,,,,, the worst kind of growth. It's still a good little place, I get to surf Masonboro Island when I go back, yee haw.
DANSPANK- I guess you're the slickest in the group, haha. Glad noone caught my faux paus. Either way, I'm all tuff, I can hack the ribbing if you can dish it out, I've got my degree in wise-assery. As for my Georgia/ NC mtb'ing, I've never hit Tsali (I'm almost ashamed it was a five hour drive from Wilmington at least), and while in Georgia, I really didn't need to, I lived ten minutes from Blankets Creek, which really looks good nowadays and rode there like four times a week (fast and fun), and on my weekend rides I would head North to Bear Creek in Elijay I loved doing that ride, almost 10 miles of climbing, fun singletrack, big poplar trees, creeks, rocks, awesome. Then I had a twenty miler I used to do out of Helen a lot too, ten mile forest road climb to start it out, followed by road and singletrack downhill bombs. Damn, I need a road trip now. Lates, whackadoo's,,,,, TJ

Back
Top Bottom