We need a new roof

Glenlivet12

Our roof is due to be replaced sooner than later and was hoping for some local input. Anyone have recommendations for a roofer in the Hillsborough area? We got a quote from power remodeling only because they came around offering.

Do you need a tear off? Just fyi you can go up to 3 reroofs before tear off. By adding a new layer over an existing you create a more insulted roof.

Deegan Roofing 9083226405 is one of the larger companies , i use a small company for all our repairs and new roofs on additions and things . He does good work. pm me if you want his # , he is based out of somerville
do you know the square and approx pitch ? is it a two story ? is there dumpster access & is it a tear off or just a re-lay ?

More then one layer reduces the life of the shingle your installing

I will be in the same situation as Bill this summer and I could put a second layer on but For the reason mentioned above I won't entertain that idea... I'm tearing mine off and starting all over

accurate roofing, out of robbinsville I think. honest man, honest business. never get work done from someone who just stops by your house without solicitation....

Do you need a tear off? Just fyi you can go up to 3 reroofs before tear off. By adding a new layer over an existing you create a more insulted roof.

It looks like we've got two layers up there already so it will be a tear off. We also need some plywood replaced but i'm not sure how much.

Deegan Roofing 9083226405 is one of the larger companies , i use a small company for all our repairs and new roofs on additions and things . He does good work. pm me if you want his # , he is based out of somerville
do you know the square and approx pitch ? is it a two story ? is there dumpster access & is it a tear off or just a re-lay ?

The Power remodeling rep measured 1850 total sq ft, its a one level ranch from the mid to late 50's. He used a phone app to get the pitch but didn't write it down. I did glance over at the phone when he took the measurement and it looked like it said 34 or 35 but i'm not sure what point in the measurement i was seeing. A dumpster could easily be put on our driveway.

Also, I realize its impossible to give an accurate price w/o seeing the place but given the size i listed above what's a reasonable range to expect? The first quote we got is 19k which seems way high even with the lifetime warranty and all the fancy materials they use. But i have no point of reference so...

Last edited:
Also, I realize its impossible to give an accurate price w/o seeing the place but given the size i listed above what's a reasonable range to expect? The first quote we got is 19k which seems way high even with the lifetime warranty and all the fancy materials they use. But i have no point of reference so...

One of the downfalls of a ranch is the cost of roofing. Its a big ass roof..... I added insulation when we moved in and it was expensive because of the square footage of the ranch...

Getting water inside?

No, not yet* there's what looks like a crack in the plywood and outside about the same area there are two shingles lifted a bit. So far no leaks though and we've had some bad weather. I haven't gotten up in the attic yet to inspect how bad it is. It just happens to be near the 2x2 access panel to the attic so I could see it when sticking my head up there.

you are going give me nightmares tonight. I unloaded a can of flex seal on my roof this summer as a temp fix :D

FTR Balsamo and Son is a pretty well known roofer in town. In laws were happy with their work.

No, not yet* there's what looks like a crack in the plywood and outside about the same area there are two shingles lifted a bit. So far no leaks though and we've had some bad weather. I haven't gotten up in the attic yet to inspect how bad it is. It just happens to be near the 2x2 access panel to the attic so I could see it when sticking my head up there.

you should look while its raining , insulation can act as a really good sponge

Back
Top Bottom