Wawayanda Group Ride

Kaleidopete

Marked Red Dot trail and William Hoeferlin, and Plymouth Lane with red and white streamers today.

Red Dot Trail
Red Dot tag03.jpg
Plymouth17.jpg

Plymouth Lane

rick81721

Lothar
Pete there's a half inch of rain forecast for this evening - is that going to derail this ride? It's a 1.5 hr drive for me so it would be great if someone makes a call early tomorrow morning.

Kaleidopete

Pete there's a half inch of rain forecast for this evening - is that going to derail this ride? It's a 1.5 hr drive for me so it would be great if someone makes a call early tomorrow morning.
I think it will be fine, there was rain last night and the trails drained pretty well. There always some soft spots, even in dry conditions, but I think the ride will be fine.

Kaleidopete

A reminder again:
Place: Wawayanda State Park
Address: 885 Warwick Turnpike, Hewitt, NJ 07421
Park entrance GPS Coordinates
41° 11’ 33.96” N 74° 25' 44.23" W
Date: Sunday, May 15th
Time: 9:00 am, ride shortly after
Length: About 15 miles for advanced riders, or a shorter 7.25 ride
there are many dropout points to shorten the ride.
here is the parking map again:
wayway parking.jpg

@Off The Road Again
@Juggernaut
@greeek32
@huffster
@Ridgerunner
@chris12453
@RSAmerica
@Mountain Bike Mike
@mtbiker87
@domo
@ridgehog
@rick81721
@Santapez
@Roadie
@wage
@1sh0t1b33r
@jimf
@FitmanNJ
@w_b
@jimvreeland
@qclabrat
@Bizarro
@HumanVise
@thegock

Dan Art

I'll try to make it up by 9am from Central NJ. Thanks for organizing. I'm used to riding 6-mile - hope this won't be too technical for me.

Kaleidopete

I'll try to make it up by 9am from Central NJ. Thanks for organizing. I'm used to riding 6-mile - hope this won't be too technical for me.
I think there is something for everyone here. I rode 6 mile a few weeks ago, it's not as easy as most say. And to me there is no shame in walking, ride where you can and walk where you have to.

Bizarro

ok i'm up! coming from wayyyy south and have to leave soon so last min question...still on right ?! thanks a bunch!

Kaleidopete

ok i'm up! coming from wayyyy south and have to leave soon so last min question...still on right ?! thanks a bunch!
Yup..still on. Thanks for coming.
I'll be leaving this computer at 6:40, so I can't respond to any more questions after that.

rick81721

Lothar
Awesome ride Pete - thanks for planning this - too bad you couldn't ride with us. And thanks to Mark for leading - this is a get lost place alone for sure. I've been to a lot of new (at least for me) parks this year - south and north jersey. Some are meh, once is a enough. Some are this is cool, will get back some day. Others - like this one - are wow - gotta get back here soon. Huge park, amazing views, and trails for everyone.

From the top of a ridiculous rocky climb

13166648_1427410693985722_593739745_n.jpg

Near the end, an old-timey furnace

13183474_1335789756435600_1058398971_n.jpg

Off The Road Again

Awesome ride Pete - thanks for planning this - too bad you couldn't ride with us. And thanks to Mark for leading - this is a get lost place alone for sure. I've been to a lot of new (at least for me) parks this year - south and north jersey. Some are meh, once is a enough. Some are this is cool, will get back some day. Others - like this one - are wow - gotta get back here soon. Huge park, amazing views, and trails for everyone.

From the top of a ridiculous rocky climb

13166648_1427410693985722_593739745_n.jpg

Near the end, an old-timey furnace

13183474_1335789756435600_1058398971_n.jpg
Yeah, sorry about the ridiculous climb up SplitRock, we were looking for Wall and ended up on SR. You're welcome - I had a great time leading and it was great meeting some new people. The three remaining from the group went on to ride up Rattlesnake, down Tombstone and across and up Pickle and White Dot and finished on Sitting Bear, 14.6 - 15 miles depending on who's Strava you look at. We sorta did Pete's initial plan. Thank you Pete for setting this ride up - had a great time!

Top Bottom