Wawayanda access from Clinton road

Robson

Where is this circle thing I can park....I don't want to get stuck inside the park after hours...

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
To access the southern trails, park at the Bearfort Pond lot on Clinton road (about 1/2 mi. south of Warwick Turnpike). Enter the park through Project USE.

More centrally located, I think you're refering to Ferber Circle. Cherry Ridge Rd. 'til it turns to dirt. You'll have to park at the bottom and bike the last 100yds. or so unless you have a 4WD vehicle cos the road is very washed out.

Didn't you park at the Ferber circle when we rode Waway in a group last Summer??

Robson

To access the southern trails, park at the Bearfort Pond lot on Clinton road (about 1/2 mi. south of Warwick Turnpike). Enter the park through Project USE.

More centrally located, I think you're refering to Ferber Circle. Cherry Ridge Rd. 'til it turns to dirt. You'll have to park at the bottom and bike the last 100yds. or so unless you have a 4WD vehicle cos the road is very washed out.

Didn't you park at the Ferber circle when we rode Waway in a group last Summer??

Thanks Joe, this is what I was looking for! My Forester can get up there very easily.

Robson

Didn't you park at the Ferber circle when we rode Waway in a group last Summer??[/QUOTE]

and yes to this question.

crash

According to the NJNYTC, the Clinton Road hikers parking lot is closed due to gas pipeline repair work.

Is the parking off of Cherry Ridge Road or Banker Road still accessible?

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
You must be refering to another lot.

The Bearfort Pond lot on Clinton Rd. is open. It's nowhere near the pipeline. I parked there last week.

The Ferber Circle "lot" as of last month was accessible but the last 100 yds. or so was washed out. It's at the junction of Banker & Cherry Ridge.

crash

Thanx for the response, some conflicting beta:
Here is the posting from the hikers website. Seems like it is going to be a bit dodgy back there this summer. Notice the parking lot update. Maybe just starting off at banker road may be easist.

Pipeline Construction Closes Terrace Pond North Trail
Author:
New York-New Jersey Trail Conference
Date:
02/22/2011
Source:
Trail Supervisor

Effective Feb. 12, the Terrace Pond North Trail (blue) is closed to hiking, probably through the summer. The closure is the result of construction by Tennessee Gas Pipeline company on the natural gas pipeline along their right-of-way.

The immediate work that will be taking place is the clearing of trees to be followed in the spring and summer with the installation of the pipeline. Please be advised that trails will be closed periodically during specific phases of the construction. For more information, please call the park office: 973-853-4462.

Old Coal, Turkey Ridge and Cabin trails will be "sporadically closed" according Wawayanda's Park Superintendent, while construction is underway this spring. The trail closings will be posted in the affected areas.

The "pipeline" parking lot on Clinton Road is also posted closed to parking. The parking area at the trailhead for Terrace Pond South is open. Access to Terrace Pond is available from there and hikers can still hike around the pond when they reach it from open trails: Terrace Pond Red, Spring North to Yellow Dot, and Terrace Pond South.

crash

P7 is open for business and it was brisk business today. Lots of hikers going up to Terrance Pond from the trail head across the road, and a city kids were visiting Project USE. The Old Coal, Split rock, Buddha, and Turkey Ridge Trails are in fine shape. The pipeline has also firmed up quite a bit. However, the cut off from the pipeline to the Old Coal Trail, and the Old Coal Trail before and after the crossings back over the pipeline are still under knee deep water. And the hay gunks up derailers.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions