Washington Valley trail closures-THIS COULD BE BAD!!!

Maybe the police should get some bikes and patrol.
I was there about 10 days before the swimmer drowned. As I was leaving the park there was a Somerset County Park Ranger in the parking lot. I told her kids were swimming illegally in the park. She said that's beyond her pay grade; instead she was there to "investigate" a complaint of someone having a dog off of a leash.

Unbelievable.

If they and BPD simply enforced the law the problem would be solved. Closing the park and eliminating the resource because they're apparently to lazy to do so in an abomination.

RideOnTime

Is this just more of what happened in High Bridge? Property owners not wanting it in their backyard?

Also... why list urinating as an issue? Who here has not taken a pee in the woods?

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Is this just more of what happened in High Bridge? Property owners not wanting it in their backyard?

Also... why list urinating as an issue? Who here has not taken a pee in the woods?
Nobody wants underage drinking, partying, using the woods as a toilet, jumping off cliffs and dam structures and leaving behind a steady supply of garbage in their back yard or park. This is a recipe for disaster...oh and someone did die in the reservoir.

The random urination while using a trail is not the issue. The issue is 30 people drinking in a particular area and relieving themselves in said area.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Who here has not taken a pee in the woods?
giphy-7.gif

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions