WANTED: A Cheap, Reliable Vehicle

hope it wasnt this version my dad had i call it the "Novarolla" since it was a rebadged Corolla from the same era LOL

Then again I took that car from him in 1993 after the dealership messed up a tune up and cross threaded one of the spark plugs, and drove it for a year during college and sold it for 2500 with 190K miles on it so they did something right !

032920-1987-Chevrolet-Nova-1-e1585582091527-1182x738.jpg
Nah. Looked like this, minus the mag wheels. I had such dreams.

33a9972d5beeb07c3cad5c971eeb0896.jpg

I got a great deal on Granny’s Nova once. Sometimes wish I still had it. One owner, 1972 2d, 6pin, 3 on the tree. Granny had a big left thigh. Classic body style, picked it up with 60k for like 6?hunnit and drove that pig for like 15yrs and at least 120k mi. Brakes oil tires & gas, and a picknpull head l we popped on inda dwivewayyyyyy. So simple….
You positive it was 3 on tree and not 2 on tree?
'72s 6s pretty sure we're the power glides.

You positive it was 3 on tree and not 2 on tree?
'72s 6s pretty sure we're the power glides.
Oh yeah. 3 spd manual, not a 2 speed automatic. Long throw Saginaw I think. Standard GM heavy ass clutch from a half ton, 1st you practically smashing you cohones with the knob, then up to 2nd smack knuckles on dashpad. Finally jam your kneecap into 3rd.

Good times, gotta dig up some pix.

It is a 2007 Honda Fit Sport. It’s Red. I still need to confirm the mileage but I’m pretty sure it’s under 40k. The car is not registered or insured which probably will make things a little more complicated since no one can drive it. I’ll take pics later this week.

Thoughts on 8k for it? I see used ones with over 100k miles with asking prices between 6-8k. KBB is around 8k for private party.

That will sell in minutes to someone under 5'10"!!

The OP is over 6’ but I’ve read it has plenty of room for 6’+ people. I guess it depends on what someone finds comfortable.
I used to work with a guy that had one and he was taller than me at 6'2" ish and always told me it had plenty of room for his 1.5 hour commute each way to work. pretty sure he drove that thing to over 200K+ miles.

If all you're looking for is a reliable basic transportation with good fuel economy then maybe you should consider a new Mitsubishi Mirage. You can pick one up for under $20K out the door. It's small and slow but makes for a great commuter car. The new ones (2023+) come standard with Apple Carplay/Android Auto, A/C, auto trans (CVT), Bluetooth, etc. I think it gets something like 40-50 MPG with its powerful 76 hp 3-cylinder gas engine.

Last edited:
I used to work with a guy that had one and he was taller than me at 6'2" ish and always told me it had plenty of room for his 1.5 hour commute each way to work. pretty sure he drove that thing to over 200K+ miles.
I'm 6'1" and I had that exact 2007 Fit Sport. Plenty of room. I loved that car.

I have a 2007ish Honda Fit Sport (red) with under 40k (need to confirm actual mileage because battery is dead) that has been not been driven and has been sitting in a garage for the last 5 years. It was an old man car used to drive to church and the grocery store. I have to look into how much it is worth. Tires are newer, probably needs a new battery, fluids changed, and a quick detail. The car was well maintained. There is an open airbag recall.
I can't be the only bystander that's wondering about this: Automatic or manual?

The OP is over 6’ but I’ve read it has plenty of room for 6’+ people. I guess it depends on what someone finds comfortable.

It's been a while but I remember having issues with the top of the clutch pedal travel with having the seat all the way back.

I have a 2003 Camry XLE 4cyl, 150K+ and 2nd owner. Its in great mechanical condition, but clear coat coming off after 20 years of outdoors, and some dings. It was the best generation and very reliable.

Back
Top Bottom