Wanted 15mm end caps for 2015-ish era FSA PMA hubs

pkovo

This may be like searching for a unicorn, but my daughters XC race bike, a 2015 Scott Scale, has a set of FSA SL-K carbon wheels, from around the 2015 era. The current fork is setup for old school QR (what's that 100 x 9mm?). The damper on the fork died last season. It's usable and she raced 2/3 of the season with it, but it's far from ideal. I have an older SID on hand which is setup for a non-boost 100 x 15 axle, and these wheels are convertible to 100 x 15 with the proper end caps. I thought I had those end caps on hand but when I went to convert, I made teh realization the end caps I have are for some other hubs :(

I reached out to FSA, and although their CS was prompt, and thorough, they simply no longer have any of the end caps. The design was changed shortly after these wheels were made and they just apparently ran out and no longer support them.

I realize this is a very BIG long shot, but if anyone happens to have a set of these or knows of somewhere I might be able to pick some up, that would be awesome. Maybe there is a dusty set sitting on a shelf somewhere, or parked forgotten about in someone's garage. Part numbers are:

752-0423000010 - Full Kit includes all three pieces, two end caps and O-ring
EL289 Front Hub End Cap Kit - this is the description
MW558, MW398, and MS300 - These are the numbers for each of the three parts and are stamped in while on the end caps

In all fairness, my daughter is about ready for a new XC bike, but since she also needs two new BMX race bikes, and a shock rebuild on her trail bike, I was hoping to keep this one rolling along for a bit longer, then ideally pass it along to one of her sisters who aren't as into bikes. I could of course do a new wheel or different fork, but these little carbon wheels are perfect for the bike, and I don't care to put any more $$ into this bike. I think this endcap kit was only around $10 when stocked :(

Pic for attention.

bike2.jpg

Are the end caps you have to big? Is there any way they could be modified? Otherwise, if you have the old end caps that fit the wheel and the new fork I could make a set for you. Let me know. There would be no charge to help your kid racer.

Are the end caps you have to big? Is there any way they could be modified? Otherwise, if you have the old end caps that fit the wheel and the new fork I could make a set for you. Let me know. There would be no charge to help your kid racer.

Sorry I somehow I missed replying to this. It’s an incredibly nice offer, but it’s probably more work and effort than this is worth and I would feel bad taking you up o it.

Maybe the existing end caps could be drilled, and spacers used if/as needed to shim to fit, but not worth the effort and I want to preserve the existing qr end caps as I'll be handing it down to one of her sisters that rides "less seriously" when she upgrades.

I measured her the other day and she put on another 1.5 inches, so it's probably time for me to get her on something with 29" wheels anyway. It just bugs me that I cant get a hold of what should be a 10-15 dollar part.

Reactions: Ejd
Back
Top Bottom