Walkerjacksonpalooza: 7/1/10

EABODS

As is customary, the day after sspalooza is the day when it's sister ride, walkerjacksonpalooza is announced. This year's walkerjacksonpalooza will take place on Thursday, July 1st, starting at 11 am.

The specifics:

The start address: 3 Rabbit Run, Rockaway Township, NJ. (if the ride gets big we will move it to the Tourne).

The ride - 40 - 50 miles of morris county splitrock singletrack with pieces of road, the tourne, and secret trails thrown in. Also, a deli stop mid-way in Kinnelon.

The after party at VTC Treasurer's estate - last year the VTC Treasurer was kind enough to supply kobe beef filet for the participants (I'm not joking). Tradition will have it that each partcipant brings a dish and we have a hippie potluck lunch afterwards.

The pace - not a slow ride. Think quick sport pace. No one, however, will be dropped and lost.

Why it's on a week day - because some of you working stiffs who actually have to work in the summer need a reason to blow work off. Plus, this year's walkerjacksonpalooza could easily be combined with Friday off too making for a 4 day weekend in your otherwise sad, servitude-filled world.:cry:

RSVP @ walkerjackson@gmail.com

Last edited:
WJ Poloo

The pace - not a slow ride. Think quick sport pace. No one, however, will be dropped and lost.

Last year's ride was sick! The pace was pretty quick too, but I'm sure someone could get lost if they made a wrong turn. The ride is on un-marked trails and this year will include some new sweetness I'm sure with less hiking:p. (better go scout it Walker;)) Also, stay tuned for the VTC 50 which will be brought to you by the Prez & CAE, and includes Wood fired TDS and one cool HTTM.

As is customary, the day after sspalooza is the day when it's sister ride, walkerjacksonpalooza is announced. This year's walkerjacksonpalooza will take place on Thursday, July 1st, starting at 11 am.

The specifics:

The start address: 3 Rabbit Run, Rockaway Township, NJ. (if the ride gets big we will move it to the Tourne).

The ride - 40 - 50 miles of morris county splitrock singletrack with pieces of road, the tourne, and secret trails thrown in. Also, a deli stop mid-way in Kinnelon.

The after party at VTC Treasurer's estate - last year the VTC Treasurer was kind enough to supply kobe beef filet for the participants (I'm not joking). Tradition will have it that each partcipant brings a dish and we have a hippie potluck lunch afterwards.

Why it's on a week day - because some of you working stiffs who actually have to work in the summer need a reason to blow work off. Plus, this year's walkerjacksonpalooza could easily be combined with Friday off too making for a 4 day weekend in your otherwise sad servitude-filled world.:cry:

RSVP @ walkerjackson@gmail.com

I highly recommend this ride! Last year's was epic, and the kobe beef was unreal. Look for a VTC-A-Palooza to follow.

Last edited:
Bruce B's ignorance makes me think I should state the rules for a "palooza" bike ride. Section 2 article 8 of the VTC handbook exempts sspalooza in the rules stated below.

1. Must be a weekday
2. Must incorporate at least three different riding spots
3. Must have sections of road thrown in
4. Must have a party afterwards
5. Must not be competitive

These rides were formally known as the "rides to nowhere" in the past (coined by VTC Treasurer, circa '95).

S a D

Last edited:
Bruce B's ignorance makes me think I should state the rules for a "palooza" bike ride. Section 2 article 8 of the VTC handbook exempts sspalooza in the rules stated below.

1. Must be a weekday
2. Must incorporate at least three different riding spots
3. Must have sections of road thrown in
4. Must have a party afterwards
5. Must not be competitive

These rides were formally known as the "rides to nowhere" in the past (coined by VTC Treasurer, circa '95).

S a D

I better stay out of Denville for a while or I might end up in Rock Ridge Lake. Better than being locked in that crap ugly new RR clubhouse.

I can do all that stuff on my SS, don't have a nancy-boy-gearie. I know all the trails so maybe I'll just get the general idea from someone and catch up after the road sections.

bruce b.

SS WJaP gearing

I better stay out of Denville for a while or I might end up in Rock Ridge Lake. Better than being locked in that crap ugly new RR clubhouse.

I can do all that stuff on my SS, don't have a nancy-boy-gearie. I know all the trails so maybe I'll just get the general idea from someone and catch up after the road sections.

bruce b.

I rode a 32-19 for the WJ-Looza. It worked out well, but I was spinning like mad on the road sections

Back
Top Bottom