W. Kerr Scott Dam, North Carolina

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
Dawn and I went down to North Carolina this past week and had a great time riding at the W. Kerr Scott Dam near Wilkesboro, NC. It is another Army Corps of Engineers dam project with a campground & a lot of trails. The trails are "Raystown-like", but a little more singletrack.

What was really cool was that our campsite, #44, was right on the Warrior Creek Loop. It was really cool to just hop onto the trails from the camper. It was also cool to see all the mountain bikers blowing by during the day.

The trails are pretty buff, with some rocks and roots thrown into the mix.
Overall, a good time. If you are planning a Carolina trip, it would be worth it to stop in for a nice ride.

Last edited:
we just came back from N.C. last weekend. Was so close to pisgah and didn't ride there. Will be going back for sure...

Pro tip, stay at warrior creek, not the bandits roost campground. Slightly nice and higher price ends up being a wash as you don't have to then pay to enter the trails.

Made that mistake twice...

Besides warrior creek there is also the connector trail and the trails on the eastern side.

When there hit up Brushy Mountain Smokehouse for food. Cheap /good bbq. Especially important considering the town is all fast food joints.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

That's where the 6 hours of warrior creek race is that I've done the past few years. Amazing trails and a great scene down there. They're also putting on a 100k this fall using some of those trails.

Back
Top Bottom