Volunteers Wanted - Sat, Oct 5th - Lead Boy Scout Rides at Stephens

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Posting to help @zip recruit some volunteers....

Boy Scout Jamboree 2019
2000 Scouts are camping on the R.C. Airplane field with Festival set up on the concert field. They have been planning this for over a year.
I have been tasked with the Jamboree Mountain Bike Activity for Scouts age 11 to 17. If you can come and help lead rides, Saturday, Oct. 5, 9am to 5pm, I would be obliged. You do not have to be a Scouter.
The plan is to leave the concert field in groups of 5 Scouts with 2 adult ride leaders, every ten minutes. Rt. turn on Kinney Rd. Rt. turn on Tilcon Rd. and go to Lower Maze, then Middle Maze then return on the Blue Rock Trail to Kinney Rd. Faster groups have the option to then go around the Lake. Ride time should be in the 40 minute range.

If you are still reading this, you may know of a bike or two that would be suitable for donation to the Scout Mountain Bike program at Camp Allamuchy. Adult sizes small and medium will be put to immediate use at the Jamboree and then added to the camp fleet. Thanks! I hope to hear from bikers who make Mountain Biking in NJ so good. RZ

I hope a few folks can lend some time and help out. I plan on being there in the morning. Please reach out to Rich Zipper @zip for more info.

Thanks!

Wow what a great response, thanks! Please send me your full name so I can get you on the list at the gate. Once inside you will not miss the long line of bikes standing up with a temporary makeshift bike rack. You probably should park at Waterloo Village or someplace and ride to the Concert Field.

Back
Top Bottom